Questions

by server 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• server
    server

I greet everyone,

There are some questions that I want to ask you all, and would really be very thankful if there comes out someone to respond it purely.

1- Adultery [even looking lust for a woman (naturally for a woman to look lust for man)] is forbidden by Lord, and Jesus came to fulfil the LAW, and also in Deuteronomy from 18th to 25th chapter, this sin and the punishment to it is being explained very briefly, now why many of those people who attribute themselves to the Lord Christ are completely in a adultery shaped life? What about its punishment from every point?

2- Is it not a hypocrasy and a comedy calling Jesus as the King,Lord, Teacher but having so many other kings/religious and political leaders/teachers, Lords in the hearts, minds and daily lives? Do you think what the mammon exactly?

3- How do you find the priests and the available churches?

4- Do you think children or babies should be baptised? Did Jesus baptise (the babies and children at least)?

It is now 22:31 here, so I wish a great night to you all,

Blessings,

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hello server and welcome to the forum. You may be the first member we have from Turkey!

Not everyone here has faith in God though the majority do. Even then there are differences of opinion (a good thing) so you will likely get many different answers to your questions.

My answer? Forget the Bible, there are better guides to live by.

Nic'

• server
    server

your prefer to live by?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Server:

No answers to your questions.

Just regards from Cyprus (southern republic). At least we're in the same time zone!

• bebu
    bebu

Hello server, and WELCOME to the board!

Are you a Jehovahs Witness, or someone studying with a Jehovahs Witness? Or are you another denomination of Christianity?

As a Christian, I feel that you make some good points. Jesus said "If you love me you will obey me." There are a lot of people who use the term "Christian" to describe themselves. They may believe Jesus is their Savior, so they are believers. But you are talking about a very important step, which is to live as a disciple of Jesus, not just a believer.

Sometimes I do not understand why people, as Christians, do certain things I do not think right. And yet, there are times I do not understand my own actions, either. (Or, I regret them even if I do understand them.) It calls for a lot of patience with each other, discussion about our points of view, and encouragement to each other to desire to please Christ above all. Love will change hearts.

I think Jehovahs Witnesses get sidetracked from the goal of being a disciple of Christ. They are encouraged to obey the Watchtower and whatever kinds of teachings it may have at the moment, regardless of whether a JW thinks it would really please God or not. No command was ever made in the Bible to be a disciple of the Watchtower, period.

Anyway, that is how I see things (today!).

bebu

• heathen
    heathen

To answer the first part I think is written for the 144k exclusively . They have to give up all intentions of an earthly existance . Jesus also mentioned that those that would follow him would make themselves eunichs . Obviously if you looked at your wife that way it couldn't be adultry. Mathew 19:12

the next two I don't know what you are talking about . How do I find churches? I guess in the phone book .

I do not think babies should be baptized . I think only mature people that can make decissions for themselves should get baptized .

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi server, and welcome to the forum.

I don't believe in child baptism either.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Pardon my ignorance, but how do we know that Server is from Turkey?

• bob1999
    bob1999

Romans 7:14-25

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

Re: The Adultery Bit...

Jesus expressed more meaning to the Law (ie. Hate is Murder, Thinking about adultery is adultery..) to make it impossible to keep, because if any person could he would in fact be 'perfect love' as Jesus was... His whole purpose was to stress the fact that we are all sinners and have 'all fallen short of the Grace of God' and need to rely on him in order to be saved..

Galatians 2:16 (NIV) - Know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Galatians 5:18 - 26 (NIV) - Explains the conflict between the sinful nature and the spirit, and how we can recognise them both..

I think at the end of the day, as you pray in and fellowship with the Spirit and as you read God's word your thinking will change and you will be led by the spirit, For the Spirit desires what is contrary to the flesh and vice-versa, the Christian walk is one of contradiction with the flesh and is impossible without the Spirit...

Always remember, our minds are carnal as is our flesh, but God's Spirit is above them both, if ever you have thoughts or feelings you feel you shouldn't be having, pray about them, ask God for help to overcome them, Your willingness to change your thinking and desires is proof of faith, That's always a cool thought !!

Galatians 5:14 (NIV) - The Entire law is summed up in a single command, "Love your Neighbour as yourself"

God Bless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit