How many here have been disciplined?

by Boohiggy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Boohiggy
    Boohiggy

hi people

new here and happy to be here. i was just counseled for sex. what should I expect?

Melissa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    i was just counseled for sex. what should I expect?

A good spanking!

Welcome to the board!

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Boohiggy, and welcome to the board.

I was never cousnelled for sex personally, but depending on the circumstances, I doubt it will be a pleasant.experience for you,( the counsel, that is)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

by my parents: A few times

by the org: once but it was like a dog with no teeth since I had never been baptised.

So did you confess or were you ratted out?

Josie

• happy1975
    happy1975

I have. It was of the premarital oral variety. Be prepared to be asked in EXCRUCIATING detail about everything that happened. I am mortified to this day (over 12 years later) that I was actually stupid enough to allow anyone (especially some stuffy elders) tell me what is right and wrong in terms of my sexuality. I am still pissed at myself for submitting to the judicial comittee.

My fiance and I were privately reproved for our fun little romp. Incidentally we've now been happily married for 12 years - SO WHAT DID ALL OF THAT EVEN MATTER?

-Happy

• daystar
    daystar

It may (should) depend upon whether or not you're baptised. In my case, being unbaptised, it apparently did not matter. They just told me I was not invited to attend their congregation anymore. You'd think I'd done something horrible and unforgiveable. I think that the elders of that commitee earned that title for treating me so unmercifully.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome boohiggy!

Are u baptized? If you are, you could get reproved or disfellowshipped. If you're not, you could get marked and people won't have much to do with you.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Private reproof for 6 months then of course they had to think about it and I had to wait just a bit longer to make them feel empowered

cab

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome to J-WDF , Boohiggy! I left the Org. on my own - in 1988 I sent a letter of membership annulment to the Society. The elders invited me to a meeting , which I didn't attend. -as far as I was concerned the letter could have been a summons from the Commander of the French Foreign Legion for a summary court martial. I hope you can achieve that state of mind, too. shalom, Moshe

• Calliope
    Calliope

well, if you are posting on this ex-jw site, then you're probably not too concerned over what they'll think or say.

so, i say, just lie or give minimum detail if you must.

try to cry (you know, fake a few tears)... if you don't want severe discipline and want to continue on in that ogranization, then tell them how very repentant you are, and you'll probably get off with public reproof.

of course, that all depends on the BOE.

good luck!

calliopé

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit