Pony Tail = Preemptive Strike on the Dubs

by Siddhashunyata 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Since growing a pony tail I have a sense of command . I am no longer visited by the elders ( to encourage me), dubs may say hello but never converse ( to encourage me). I have a sense that I'm having the last word . Impowering. The poney tail must speak volumes to them. Hilarious! As the saying goes : the best defense is a good offense.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LOL if only you'd known it was that easy years ago!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yes, but that's only because your ponytail says, " 'Satan can now call you "My Little Pony' " (lol)

W.Once

(of the pony tails are for girls class)

• happy1975
    happy1975

If you happen to be female wearing a short skirt or getting a piercing (for me - my upper ear) will have the same desired effect (well, in ultra-conservative New England, anyway).

-Happy

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I just had to move away, start smoking a pipe, get a girlfriend, grow a beard, and stay away from all things dub-related.

If I'd known all it took was a pony tail,I'd have kept mine.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Simple, but effective, good for you. Perhaps the dubs in your area are a little wary of anyone who is slightly "unconventional", at least in their eyes.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Anything that keeps the Dubs away is great in as far as I am concerned

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My husband says the Elders are freaked out by long hair. He had his hair just a little over his ears and they wouldn't allow him to give his talk in TM school. They said next week, after a haircut...since he didn't like the elder he gave himself a buzzcut and then was accused of being sarcastic.

He told the Elder, which is it - long or short...and is this all you have to complain about?

He gets so mad everytime he tells me that story.

I hate these micromanaging ninny's...anything that will keep them away is a great thing!

Chrystal

• restrangled
    restrangled

My dad, an x-elder grew a pony tale in later years. It was really very nice, a silver curling lock. No one bothered him.

r.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I like pony tails. Gives me something to grab onto while I'm riding

YeeeeeHAWWWWWW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit