What's the BIGGEST LIE you ever heard?

by nicolaou 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Someone I knew stood up at the convention to answer her two baptism questions both with a "yes". She was having an affair with a married brother at the time.

But I'd top my 'biggest lie' list with four small words; "In the beginning, God"

• Scully
    Scully

*** w75 9/1 p. 526 Christian Love Based on Jehovah’s Love ***

Jehovah’s Christian witnesses today have the distinguishing mark, the reputation of being outstanding in their love for their God Jehovah and for one another. Thus they prove themselves imitators of their loving God and true disciples of his Son, Jesus Christ.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One of my brothers told his boss our mother had died. When she went to work to talk to him about something (he had no home phone) the boss told her that he was at her funeral.

Taken aback my mother responded. "I didn't die! I'm right here talking to you!"

My brother lost his job over that one.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Millions now living will never die"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards

• snarf
    snarf

Jehovah keeps his organization clean by making the wrong doers, in his own time of course...lol.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I can’t determine a biggest, but I can name some whoppers! Among them,

“Jehovah’s Witnesses abstain from blood, including blood transfusions.”—Awake, 1995 1/22: 31

Compare to:

“I accept all fractions derived from any primary component of blood.”— Watchtower provided Durable Power of Attorney form dated 2001, p. 1

So on one hand the WTS says Jehovah’s Witnesses abstain from blood, but on the other hand the WTS offers Jehovah’s Witnesses the option of accepting literally everything from a given unit of donated and stored blood so long as it is sufficiently fractionated beforehand.

And, by the way, under WTS guidelines published first in the June 15, 2000 Watchtower, Jehovah’s Witnesses can accept (and do accept) transfusions of whole blood so long as it is autologous and can be deemed as “current therapy.” (See Questions From Readers article) Hence it is also a lie to claim Jehovah’s Witnesses abstain from transfusions of whole blood.

Marvin Shilmer

• greendawn
    greendawn

That the leaders of the WTS have been appointed by God himself to be his only channel of information regarding the truth and to represent all his earthly interests.

I can't imagine them being anything other than loathsome self serving impostors.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I honestly don't know where to start!

Really - I'm dumbfounded!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

It's a toss-up between:
    "I'm a good mother."
    "You couldn't possibly have been sexually abused. You were never left alone with anyone who would do that."
    "Your father is a good man."
    "I just know your father has committed suicide, and it's YOUR FAULT." (He was stuck in traffic a week after he admitted to sexually abusing me.)
    For me, any and all WTS lies pale in comparison to what my parents did to me. You should be able to trust your own parents even when you can't trust anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit