Lifetime raised JW's did you find your parents sick with obsession?

by restrangled 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

First of all, to all of you, I'm sorry about your pain and I wish I could take it away.

I put my daughter through some of these stupid things and I told her I was sorry, but I still feel bad. After a while, I realized what I was doing to her and I just stopped. That's all I can say for now. Sorry.

Warlock

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Yep, Roo, you nailed it.

The most distressing thing is the low self-esteem that comes from never being good enough. As Lisa said, it didn't matter how well I did, it was just what I was "supposed to do."

And I too am in the place of needing to accept the relationship I have with my mother, rather than continuing to pine for the relationship I deserve.

Still, I turned out pretty good in spite of the WTBS.

Jankyn

Edited to add: Mom's on anti-depressants and pops Lorazepam like it's candy. She never expected to grow old and ill in "this system of things."

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    We never could please her, or the society.

I remember, after a lifetime of C's & D's, coming home with a report card of straight B's. My dad looked it over, and said, "Good job, but A's would have been more impressive." I was so angry, but I couldn't voice it (I was never allowed to express feelings of anger). I walked away, and reminded myself that I didn't get the higher grades for him, but for me.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Haszard clan goes 4 gens of JW's and this means all inlaws too as they only 'married in the lord' & all f**ked up losers

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

My parents, both long time dubs are now in their 70's. My mother refuses to leave her room unless it's meeting time, and my father, 73 years old, just sold their house so that they can spend more time selling watchliar mags, rather than cutting the grass, lounging on the back deck, etc. Guess now they'll be moving in with my ex....

Sick bunch, if you ask me.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Come on guys, don't you remember the saying that no one NO ONE would make it into the new system, it was only thru jah's loving kindess or jah's mercy (something like that) that would get a person into the new system. So in other words, no matter what you or anyone else in the ORG does, will it ever be enough. So instead of advertise, advertise, advertise (the king and his kingdom) it is really MORE MORE MORE because there is no such thing as enough.

Again, you just have to get on with your own life and say whatever to the rest of the whack jobs out there.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Roo & Lisa`s comments seem to mirror alot of us here! Including me!! Grrrrrrr! My *mom* was a step-mom and she was the reason our family got dragged into this life & mind altering cult! and when I no longer measured up I was no longer wanted around her house!

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Personally, I think many of the adults who seek out the JWs and, sooner or later, become one are often mentally disturbed in some way to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit