Now Brothers........

by geevee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

How many times did the chairman at the meetings address the whole cong as "brothers" where you are? One [note... one of many] of my peeves was this one guy in particular would always address everyone there as BROTHERS, whether the wore skirts of not.

Now brothers, yes that includes the brothers in skirts with long hair and earings.....

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.......

I went up to him and said that there are sisters here too you know!! He looked at me like I was stupid, smartened up for about one minute then went back to calling the women brothers too. Maybe some of them has stuff we didn't know about......you know...external, dangling genitalia.

The ways some elders wives behave, maybe it is true?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Geevee,

And JW men will state how valuable 'sisters' are, yet they can't even mention them in a general way. This is just another example of how women are second class citizens.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Oh this used to drive me nuts!

I mentioned it to my mom once and explained that they *mean* the sisters as well, it's just *implied*

MmHm

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

I mean that she explained.

Dams

• tremoka
    tremoka

Not positive female validation for all those young impressionable female minds. My daughter, an early teen always asks why women aren't included with the 'brother' intro, why they can't give solo talks, privileges etc.

Never mind the negative view it contributes to on the young guys. Sad to say that there are a few of these men that treat their wives as second class citizens in the KH here. I've been known to keep your wife away from me 'cause I'm outspoken, opinionated or have ideas. hee hee

I'm sorry but I'm not going to sit back and watch some father condescend to or belittle his daughter because of her 'feminine' ways in front of other young kids-it's sooooo wrong.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The ways some elders wives behave, maybe it is true?

And look...scare a Somalian kid off a cheeseburger.

• Confession
    Confession

LOL! These little memories keep flooding back... It used to bother me that they only said "brothers" too. I know it implied both, but whenever I had the chance I ALWAYS said, "brothers and sisters."

• restrangled
    restrangled

It is only brothers, until a sister has seduced them into bad behaivor, you know like., Adam and Eve.

Despite the fact the a...h.....had black mailed me into doing what he wanted,(me being 16 and the man being 23 on pulic reproof in a hall which I did not know about) according to the JC I was the wicked one as the women blackmailed into preforming the requested acts.

Since he was the guilty party reporting all the info as the male (and exagerated at that), and because I refused to marry him and had not come forward, I was the dirty dog.

Oh yes, "Now Brothers" don't believe the evil little woman, just get rid of the dirty little whore.

This subject really gets me tired.

r.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good point Restangled. Sisters get a specific mention when necessary, such as;

• Remember sisters to wear your scarves if there are no brothers to take the group
    • Sisters remember to respect the headship of the husbands
    • Sisters can give demonstrations on the platform but they can not teach
    • If there are no capable brothers, sisters can do the microphones or congregation accounting
  • Stealth453
    Stealth453

Sounds alot like Islam to me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit