Whats your fav quote from a movie

by Es 69 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

From "Old School":

"We're going streaking!"

"I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit."

Frank: A little housewarming, to new beginnings.
    [Frank gives Mitch a breadmaker]
    Mitch Martin: Uh, actually, I gave this to you for your wedding.
    Frank: This model?
    Mitch Martin: No, this exact one.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I just thought of this, and it always makes me laugh:

Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude. Grace, Ferris Buehler's Day Off
  • Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

'A Fish called Wanda' an oldie but hilarious as each scene is a classic.

Otto (Kevin Kline) steamrolled into the ground at end of movie by stuttery Ken (Michael Palin) in revenge.
    Otto flattened - K-k-k-k-Ken.
    Ken replies "You b...... Hey, I've lost my stutter. It's gone. I can speak. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

and

Otto to Wendy his girlfriend - "Don't call me stupid"
    Wendy in reply "Why not?"

This relationship can only be understood when movie viewed.

WG

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

'A Fish called Wanda' an oldie but hilarious as each scene is a classic.

Otto (Kevin Kline) steamrolled into the ground at end of movie by stuttery Ken (Michael Palin) in revenge.

Otto flattened - K-k-k-k-Ken.
    Ken replies "You b...... Hey, I've lost my stutter. It's gone. I can speak. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

and

Otto to Wendy his girlfriend - "Don't call me stupid"
    Wendy in reply "Why not?"

This relationship can only be understood when movie viewed.

WG

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

If you can't say something nice...come sit by me! - Steel Magnolias

The following is one of my alltime favorite exchanges in movie history (it pretty much sums up my marriage). Sorsha’s second line is one of my favorite quotes. I repeat it fairly frequently to my husband.

Sorsha: What happened to "You are my sun, my moon, my starlit sky"?
    Madmartigan : It went away.
    Sorsha : Went away? "I dwell in darkness without you," and it "went away"?
    Madmartigan : Yeah.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Some great lines from Strange Days:

Talk radio host: Now, just so the, the rest of us know how much time is left, when is the rapture supposed to hit exactly? Is it midnight New Year's Eve?

Lori: That's right.

Talk radio host: Ah. Is that midnight L.A. time or, or Eastern Standard Time, or what? I mean, what time zone is God in anyway?

Lori: May God have mercy on your soul.

Faith: You know one of the ways movies are still better than playback? The music comes up, there's credits, and you always know when it's over. [turns to look at Lenny] IT'S OVER!
    Mace: This is your life, right here, right now! This is real-time, you hear me, real time! Time to get real, not playback. These are used emotions. It's time to trade them in. She doesn't love you anymore. Maybe she did once, I don't know, but she doesn't now. Lenny, memories were meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Memorable quotes from Election:

Tammy: Who cares about this stupid election? We all know it doesn't matter who gets elected president of Millard. You think it's going to change anything around here, make one single person happier or smarter or nicer? The only person it matters to is the one who gets elected. The same pathetic charade happens every year, and everyone makes the same pathetic promises just so they can put it on their transcripts to get into college. So vote for me, because I don't even want to go to college, and I don't care, and as president I won't do anything. The only promise I make is that if elected I will immediately dismantle the student government, so that none of us will ever have to sit through one of these stupid assemblies again!
    Tracy: Dear Lord Jesus, I do not often speak with You and ask for things, but now I really must insist that You help me win the election tomorrow, because I deserve it and Paul Metzier doesn't, as You well know. l realize that it was Your divine hand that disqualified Tammy, and now I'm asking that You go that one last mile and make sure to put me in office where I belong, so that I may carry out Your will on Earth as it is in Heaven. If elected I promise that I will pray more often. Okay? Amen.

Tammy: Dear God, I know I don't believe in you, but since I'll be starting Catholic school soon, I thought I should practice. Let's see... what do I want? I want people to be nicer to each other. I want Lisa to realize what a bitch she has been and feel really bad and apologize for how she hurt me and know how much I still love her. In spite of everything, I still want Paul to win the election tomorrow, not that c**t Tracy. I also want a really expensive pair of leather pants... and someday I want to be really good friends with Madonna. Love, Tammy

Paul: Dear God, thank You for all Your blessings. You have given me so many things, like good health, nice parents, a nice truck, and what I've been told is a large penis, and I'm very grateful. But I sure am worried about Tammy. In my heart I still can't believe she tore down my posters, but sometimes she does get so weird and angry. Please help her be a happier person, because she's so smart and sensitive, and I love her. Also, I'm nervous about the election tomorrow, and I guess I want to win and all, but I know that's totally up to You. You'll decide who the best person is, and I'll accept it. And forgive my sins, whatever they may be. Amen.

Jim: This isn't the time or the place to get into it, but there is a certain former colleague of mine, who made a very big mistake, a life mistake. I think the lesson there is that, old and young, we all make mistakes, and we have to learn that our actions, all of them, can carry serious consequences. You're very young, Tracy, underage, in fact -- but maybe one day you'll understand.

Tracy: I don't know what you're referring to, but I do know that if certain older and wiser people hadn't acted like such little babies and gotten all mushy, everything would be okay.

Jim: I agree. But I also think certain young and naive people need to thank their lucky stars and be very, very grateful the whole school didn't find out about certain indiscretions which could have ruined their reputations, and chances to win certain elections.

Tracy: And I think certain older persons like you and your "colleague" shouldn't be leaching after their students, especially when some of them can't even get their own wives pregnant. And they certainly shouldn't be running around making slanderous accusations. Especially when certain young, naive people's mothers are para-legal secretaries at the city's biggest law firm and have won many successful lawsuits. And if you want to keep questioning me like this, I won't continue without my attorney present.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

from The Devil's Rejects by Rob Zombie:

Adam Banjo: Please, mister. This is insane.
    Otis B. Driftwood: Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone.
    Captain J.T. Spaulding: I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle.
    [mutual laughter]
    Susan: What's that about clown business?
    [laughs nervously]
    Captain J.T. Spaulding: [pause] Do I stutter, bitch?
    Sheriff John Wydell: From delusion lead me to truth, from darkness lead me to light, from death lead me to eternal life. Hallelujah! Are you feeling it brother?

from Dead Man with johnny depp:

Big George: I don't give a shit who saw what, and who did what, or who did who.
    Nobody: That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will now be written with blood.
    Big George: What's a philistine?
    Sally: Well, it's just a real dirty person.
    Nobody: The vision of Christ that thou does see, is my vision's greatest enemy.
    William Blake: Do you still have my eyeglasses?
    Nobody: No, I traded them. Do you have any tobacco?
    William Blake: No, I traded it.
    Nobody: For what?
    William Blake: I'm not telling.
    Nobody: Liar.
    William Blake: Thief.

from apocolypse now:

Kurtz: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.
    Kilgore: You either surf or you fight.

Willard: Are you crazy God damnit? Don't you think its a little risky for some R&R?
    Kilgore: If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole fucking place!

Kilgore: Charlie don't surf!
    TS
  • poppers
    poppers

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.....it smells like..victory. Robert Duval in Apocalypse Now

You have bewitched me, body and soul. Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice.

Plastics. from The Graduate

Rick is asked by a Nazi officer what his nationality is. Rick's reply: I'm a drunkard. Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine. Humphrey Bogart as Rick in Casablanca

Play it Sam, play As Time Goes By. Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa in Casablanca

Major Strasser has been shot....round up the usual subjects. Claude Raines in Casablanca

Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca

You'll shoot your eye out. Mom, Dad, teacher, and Santa to Ralphie in A Christmas Story

I'm sailing! I'm sailing! Bill Murray in What About Bob?

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

Bogart in the movie "Sebrina" Where he is explaining atittudes of the stock market and big Coporations
    They have Ice water veins and hearts made of stone.

(Shades of the 12 anointed)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit