"My Apostate Brother"

by scout575 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scout575
    scout575

"I was put up against a wall the last years of my life, always depressed, hopeless and miserable. Even though I was married and had a family I was alone, no one to confide in, no one to turn to, always in fear that my doubt would be discovered and I would become an outcast ( more so ). I was lucky enough to have my apostate brother refer me to this site. I know it sounds cheesy but this site means the world to me."

This post can be found at, 'ex-Christian.net'. Go to, 'Testimonies of former Christians', and the thread entitled, 'A sabbatical'. The above is post #18. If you're a Jehovah's Witness thinking about joining a church, please research ex-Christian websites and message boards. A good place to start is to google, 'Leaving Christianity'.

• Foreverjw
    Foreverjw

Dear, Lost,

How are you, you can talk till your blue in the face but, think about it do you feel as good about your self when you go to a bar or when you go to a meeting. if your not sure about what you should do with your life, dont turn to your apostate brother, hes angry, and unhappy, chances are he in an unrepentant state of mind, get real you need love only the congregation can give you that.

do you really think all the crape he tells you is true when you look at him, do you want to be that resentfull about a true god.

ask yourself if you want true unconditonal love and life, or hate and unhappiness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    dont turn to your apostate brother, hes angry, and unhappy,

Foreverjw:

How the hell would you know what this poster's brother is thinking!? He probably never felt better in his life after leaving a bunch of mindnumbbed hypocritical judgemental people and doesn't want to be controlled by a bunch of old men who could care less whether he lives or dies. The love and sincerity in the organization is just a mirage; most of us here have been there, done that.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Foreverjw...your comment is no doubt sincere and true for you at the moment. The same was no doubt true for the posters on the website scout is referring to. The quote is not from a JW but a person exiting another sectarian Christian religion. At one time the religion's illusion worked for them, then something changed and very different emotions arose, feelings of isolation, fear and loss of identity. Scout is doing a series of these posts which demonstrate the problems with narrow belief systems and sectarian isolation. There may come a day when your own experience changes to something less candy coated. You will be welcome here regardless your opinions as long as you're polite.

Littlerockguy...lighten up.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    think about it do you feel as good about your self when you go to a bar or when you go to a meeting.

O.K. I thought about it. At the bar you can order a beer (or two)

It seems to go down a lot smoother than the "waters of life" at the meeting.

I can order ribs or hot wings which seems to fill me up better than the "spiritual food" offered at the KH

I tip the waitress on the way out which gives me more satisfaction than contributing to the WWW at the back of the hall.

Thank you for reafirming the choices I made in life. BTW you do know you will be struck by lightning for posting here don't you?? It is some sort of rule that god has and you know you got to obey them rules.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Foreverjw ~ Have you experienced true, unconditional love from the congregation? If so then you are the exception and not the norm from a lot of others experiences.

Dams

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

ex-christian net was a real eye-opener for me. I used to think I was an odd ball freak for having been raised in a cult like JWs, but it appears many Christian churches are more cultish than we know.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"If you're a Jehovah's Witness thinking about joining a church"

This begins Scout's every warning thread - Scout thinks you're better off being a jw

I suspect there's a 'theocratic warfare' issue going on here

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Paduan thats just dishonest. You know his position yet you misrepresent him. Shame on you.

• atypical
    atypical

I disagree, A Paduan. It seems to me that Scout feels driven to warn some who might run from one high control group to another. I think he provides a great service - it's not as though there aren't some very vocal pro-christian voices here getting more than equal time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit