Hate at site of convention goers!

by blumandy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blumandy
    blumandy

So im eating dinner with my hubby and kids at a local family restaurant, when in walks some people with name tags of some sort, i cant read them, im sitting to far away, but they have the look of the convention name tags. well i guess i can spot a jw right off, because sure enough as i got closer, there it was a flash back from the past. the same ol name tags. it said something like "the end of days is near". (hasnt it been "near" for like generations.) anyhow, i had to bite my tounge, becuase i honestly wanted to yell out"cult!".i wanted to soo bad i couldnt stand it, i had to go outside, and have my hubby pay the bill. i dont know if its being on these boards, or just the site, of them, but i seem to be hating them more and more. its not a good feeling to hate so much . does anybody else have a similar story, or feel the same way about the hate for them.~mandy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I honestly do not hate the people. For if I did that would mean someone hated me when I was misled. They are misinformed and well, it can happen to anyone. I found that through and with love, in any situation, I could heal. I do understand where you are coming from.....but maybe you get reminded of pain you went through by the ORGANIZATION and that is where the hate should be directed.

purps

• headmath
    headmath

The name tag should have said "Deliverance at hand" district conventions. I feel that way around JWs but thats alright. We must remember how we once were.

http://www.sprg.net/2006/deliverance-at-hand-district-convention/

http://www.thier.ca/cbc/archives/2006/05/marketing_a_rel.html

http://www.gtrnews.com/greater-tulsa-reporter/1348/jehovah8217s-witnesses-hold-2006-convention

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I think for some there are stages we go through when we see Witnesses out and about. I wouldn't say that you probably hate THEM persay, but everything they stand for. Sometimes it's hard to separate the two...

I felt the same way you did for awhile, then the feeling gave way to mild irritation. Soon I was rolling my eyes, and then moved on to amusement and pity.

It's ok to acknowledge these feelings and work through them....

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    I felt the same way you did for awhile, then the feeling gave way to mild irritation. Soon I was rolling my eyes, and then moved on to amusement and pity.

Ditto

Spending alot of time on this board does tend to give you a elevated anti-JW mentality,

with good reason though.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I feel sorry for their ignorant foolish behavior. Although, I would have probably walked by saying "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" and said, want me to pay the check for "Chicken Little" table.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

blumandy,

welcome to jwd. here is a positive thought for you...even though the situation caused a flashback of the jws, you could have been looking at someone who may be your friend here on this forum.

j2s

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I honestly don't hate them anymore. I used to but then that hate turned to pity. I feel sorry for them. The same way I feel sorry for anyone, regardless of which religion they follow, because they have been fooled into believing that their really is some sort of salvation through religion.

S

• lilybird
    lilybird

I feel the same as other posters here. I don't hate them but I really pity them. I know how I was brainwashed for so many years and how much wasted time of my life invested in that bogus cult..I just feel very sorry for them and hope that some of them will find out the 'Truth" about the "truth" before they waste away their lives. I often wonder about my friends I grew up with, as we are getting older. Don't they wonder why the end is always near but never here? Don't they feel they have wasted their lives???

• wednesday
    wednesday

I honestly DO hate a lot of jws, but realize a lot of them are just like I was, a brain washed fool who didn't realize there was a world outside my own. The world had moved on and I was still rubbbing two sticks together tyring to discover fire.

I am grateful to all those I met at the door who didn't hurt me .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit