How "old" is the oldest person who lived in your family?

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What I meant was, after the flood, didn't, somewhere in the bible, read that man could not live longer than 120 years.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Great-Aunt Geneva (my dad's aunt on his mother's side) died at the ripe old age of 102. My dad's older brother, Uncle Gene, is still going strong at 92. My mom and her parents lived into their 80's.

Not too shabby!

Nina

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

My great grandma Pieske lived to be 103 and great grandma Lackie lived to be 101. Both on my dads side of the family. His mother (my Bama) lived to be 88 she died just last year.

On my moms side not as old. Moms dad died at 80 yrs and her mom at 75.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My mother's side

• her grandmother - 98
    • her mother 96 and still going
    • her father died young - hit by car
    • my mother 71 and definitely still going strong

My father's side

• his mother - 98
    • my father - 76 - heavy smoker and had lung disease

I plan to be around for a while

GRACE - I expect with those genes you should be with us a while longer

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

(Genesis 6:1-3) 6 Now it came about that when men started to grow in numbers on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, 2 then the sons of the [true] God began to notice the daughters of men, that they were good-looking; and they went taking wives for themselves, namely, all whom they chose. 3 After that Jehovah said: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.”
    An interpretation of this scripture is that god decided to end all life on earth within 120 years.
    According to Genesis, Abraham was born 352 years after the flood. He died at 175 years of age. Not bad for a polytheistic idol worshipper! ;)
    Dave

• mouthy
    mouthy

GRACE - I expect with those genes you should be with us a while longer

Lee I hope not!!! it would be great if I could die in my sleep.... They call that a "Kiss Of The LORD" I could welcome a kiss like that ...Havent been kissed since the old man died in 1985

• Forscher
    Forscher

Let's see,
    One of my great-uncles was about 101 when he died. Another is presently 97, lives by himself, drives, and does quite well. My grandparents both lived into their mid-eighties. And there are other folks in my line who made it into their 90s-100s. So I stand a good chance of being a thorn in everyboy's side for a good while yet.
    Forscher

• cheen
    cheen

My favorite great aunt passed earlier this year at the age of 106, surely she is missed. Even in her last days here on earth, she kept a positive spirit, assuring all of us death was just another journey. She told us she was just going into the second chapter of her "life". Well wherever you are aunty, have a gooood time eh!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

My great Aunt will be 100 in October. So far she is physically healthy.

• stillajwexelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit