How "old" is the oldest person who lived in your family?

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was just wondering how old can a person live.

My grandmother lived up to 97, almost 98.

Those born in 1914 are 92 years old and some are still alive.

I guess that no one lived over 120 years since the flood.

How "old" is the oldest person who lived in your family?

• Mulan
    Mulan

My father died last January at age 93. His grandmother died in 1953 at 94.

My mother will be 94 in September and will live a few more years I think. Her health is good. Her mother died at 94.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My Great Grandmother is 94, not one damn thing wrong with her.

Plus, my Great Grandmother's mother was well into her 100's when she died.(can't remember the exact age)

Brooke

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

when my great granny died in 1973 at age 80 everyone remarked at how brief her time in death would be... the end was SOOO CLOSE .. maybe even as close as 1975!!

when my grandma died in 1984 at age 72 , everyone remarked at how brief her time in death would be..the end would be here before the turn of the century.after all, it was stated clearly all thru the publications that the end would be here before the end of the century...

when my grandad died in 1993 at age 90 at his funeral.. "oh it wont be long till he's ressurected.. the end is so close!!"

• Emma
    Emma

Paternal grandmother - 98.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

My Great-Great-Aunt Mae, my great-grandmother's sister, died a few years ago at the age of 102. I hate to say it, but I dreaded going to the family reunions because my folks always wanted a picture of me and my sister with Aunt Mae. She really wasn't a pleasant person to be around. I guess at that age, you don't have to pretend to be having a good time and she looked like she was as thrilled about the picture as my sister and I were.

The rest of the family lives until around 75 or 80.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great Granny 104-

Mother 98

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

According to these web sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment and http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/oldest.html
    the oldest verifiably recorded person was Jeanne Calment who lived 122 years and 164 days. She was born February 21,1875 and died August 4,1997.
    The oldest person in the Bible was Methuselah, who managed to hang on to the exterior of the Noachian Ark during the last year of his life! (187+182+599=968 years to flood; Methuselah lived to 969!)
    My mother's mother lived to be 91 years of age and died in May, 2005, in her bed at home asleep.
    Dave

• JH
    JH
    the oldest verifiably recorded person was Jeanne Calment who lived 122 years and 164 days. She was born February 21,1875 and died August 4,1997

How about AFTER the flood, doesn' the bible say 120 years was the oldest age recorded?

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101
    the oldest verifiably recorded person was Jeanne Calment who lived 122 years and 164 days. She was born February 21,1875 and died August 4,1997
    How about AFTER the flood, doesn' the bible say 120 years was the oldest age recorded?

I was under the impression that the flood happened before 1875? But i could be wrong CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit