If you had a chance, what would you have done differrently (JW experience)?

by Steve Lowry 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I got picked up in a bar by a wayward partying JW...and I slept with the bastard. That was my introduction to "You too Can Live Forever On Paradise Earth"...and the rest is history. Turned out he slept with MANY worldly chicks. Now that's a unique way to "minister" now isnt it. And the bastard counted the time too. I often wonder where I would be today without that 13 years of hell. But it eventually lead me to my husband and I had three FABULOUS kids that I wouldnt trade for anything.

So I'll suffer the stupidity. Every time I think about it though my stomach cramps and I moan outloud and hit myself in the forehead.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

In 1972 my brother asked who the leader of the WT was. I answered, Jesus. He thought I was being misled. I should have listened to him. It took 20 more years.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

If I'd known what I now know, I would never have become a jw, and I doubt if many others would either.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I too would have stood up for myself more...

I wouldn't have let "sister pioneer" make me feel that she was superior to me since that wan't my goal....

I wouldn't have let "Mr. Elder" make the years leading up to my marrige to my husband a living hell, just because I wasn't "past the bloom of youth".

I would have spent my time finding TRUE friends instead of those that turn their back to you on a dime.

No doubt,there are so many things I and others would have changed. You can get depressed thinking about it..... and unfortunatly we can't go back in time..... My life is great now and I'm happy. That's what matters....

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I would not have gotten baptized at age 15.

I would have done more research during my first time out of the Borg so that I would not have gone back and got married.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would not have got baptized, or if I did I would have never gone to the elders for anything. If they still df'd me I would have not wasted one second trying to get reinstated

• lowden
    lowden

Mine would be "F*^% Off you interferring bastards!!!!" when they came within an inch of my 3 lads.

Soooo many times i wanted to do that.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit