Gilead 42nd Class 1966

by thaisun 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

After reading your previous post more carefully, it looks like you probably left Peru right around the time my mother was arriving...so you probably didn't know her :)

• thaisun
    thaisun

Hi! Bit late replying.

Have I thought of writing a book? Yes. I have written my story but it is yet to be edited and is too long and does not cover all the aspects of the 30 years in the WT.

My feelings too, are that it is a cathartic thing to do and in the end it is important to move on. Why let the WT take anymore of our precious life? There is a danger of swapping the life we had of being totally tied up, for the flip side of the coin, of continuing to allow them to dominate our every waking moment after we have left. The past is the past; move on. Why allow them to take anymore of our precious lives?

If I can help someone get free and enjoy their lives, then great. But to constantly rehash the old wounds - to me does no good. There is a wonderful life beyond the

Your experiences are invaluable to helping others. Treasure them, but don’t drown in them! I have family that has allowed that to happen to them. They continually bring up the bad things that happened to them. Others are so traumatized by abuse that they have no life even though many psychologists have tried to help them.

I found my way out through the scriptures; others through different means. But in my opinion you can‘t leave God out of the equation. He loves every one of us as though there is ONLY one of us! He has a plan for each one. In Jeremiah 29:11-14 He says “I have plans for you, plans that will not harm you…. If you seek me with all your heart then you will find me…and I will bring you out of captivity.” He also promises “I will never leave you or forsake you.”

Welcome Sosad . Keep doing what you are doing and get yourself a decent Translation of the scriptures (you will never find the truth in the NWT) and read it for pleasure. Apply the scripture to yourself as though God is speaking to you personally. Read the whole chapter not just one verse. You will then see why these things were said. For instance in John 10 if you read the whole chapter you will see Jesus was talking to the Jews, so when he spoke of the ‘other sheep’ he was talking about the gentiles, not some separate group who will live on the earth. There is nowhere in the scriptures that teach a two-class system of Christians. John 1 says he came to make us ALL children of God. That’s you and that’s me and all who put faith in him. Ask God to help you with your faith. Remember the fish and the stone!! (Matt 7) Seek a personal relationship with Him. You will not lose your love for him. He won’t let you! Being religious is not the answer. It is knowing him. Another corruption of the scriptures by the WT. It’s not taking in knowledge that is eternal life, but knowing God.

The Scriptures hold the answers, NOT the New World Society.

If anyone wishes to read a taste of my story you will find it if you click on to http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115874/2035024/post.ashx#2035024

Toronto Guy: - the only name I know there is Don Burt who was the Branch Servant when I was in Peru. I’m so sorry about the treatment you are receiving from your mother. Just keep praying for her! I left Peru in August 69, my partner Avril East had another partner after me. Avril as far as I know is still a JW, but not now in Peru.

I love you folks. Keep searching. And give Jesus a chance.

Vivienne.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit