Gilead 42nd Class 1966

by thaisun 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• thaisun
    thaisun

Is there anyone out there who was in the 42nd class of Gilead and has seen the light? My name then was Vivienne Ainsworth. I would dearly love to hear from anyone who remembers me. I am now married with two sons. I live with my husband of nearly 37 yrs in Brisbane, Australia. It would be great to hear your stories of how you finally found your freedom.

I don't normally correspond on the net but was so touched by some of the personal stories I read that I had to respond.

God bless all you brave and courageous souls who like us have gone - or are in the process of going - through what we went through in 1990. It's a hard road but worth every bit of the difficulty to become whole and free again.

• proplog2
    proplog2

So you went to Gilead just when 1975 became a big deal

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Did you know of, or ever meet Lynton and Jenny Dower from St Kilda, Vic? I was not a Gilead member, but I met them when they were missionaries in India

Cheers

• blondie
    blondie

So, Vivienne, were you raised a JW or did you come in as an adult? Did you go to Gilead as a single sister or a married couple? What made you believe the WTS had "the truth"? What made you change your mind? Ozziepost and his wife were JWs for some time and are from Australia, you might PM them on JWD.

Welcome, Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

Were you in the same class as this man, now a GB member?

David Splane - was missionary in Canada, Bethel for some years, graduated from the 42nd class of Gilead September 1966

or this couple?

yb86 p. 240 Nigeria ***

Then there was Wendell Jensen, an American; he and Lois his wife had come to Nigeria from Gilead in 1966.

I don' have these references that might give more information

42nd class: yb68 56-8, 60; g66 11/8 24-6

Also:

Edith Michael

w96 8/1 p. 24 Keeping Eyes and Heart Fixed on the Prize ***

What a surprise it was to receive invitations to the 42nd class, which began on April 25, 1966! Gilead School was then located in Brooklyn, New York. Less than five months later, 106 of us graduated on September 11, 1966.

Blondie

• Emma
    Emma

Thaisun, welcome. I aspired to Gilead but never made it. I'd love to hear more about your experienc.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Greetings Thaisun,
    A missionary who who connected the dots and left the organization. What a gem! For those who are wanting her story, Vivienne introduced herself here:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115874/2035024/post.ashx#2035024
    I look forward to hearing more from Thaisan.
    Forscher

• under_believer
  • serendipity
    serendipity

HI Vivienne and welcome!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    We are special people with invaluable skills unique to us. No one else understands this struggle like we do. No one else can empathize with another JW like we can. You have a whole new family out there who loves you and is cheering you on, so take heart you WILL be victorious against this great evil and your strong character will be even stronger for it. Remember, only the strong can stand up against this deception. You are a strong person, not weak as they will have you believe

this is invaluable to me and so true..........nice to meet you VIV.

Hi......

Thanks for saying Hi.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit