heated argument with "brainwashed" in-law

by DaCheech 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

THe other day I spent more time than normal with my inlaw.

( in which is in so much credit card debt). after 1 hour of spending time and talking about her nonsense (s)he says "the signs out there show that we are SOOOOOOOOO CLOSE to end".

I asked, what makes you think so?

(s)he says the convention showed us how close we are, and the other day I saw the arsenal of north korea"

I said: "do you know that mankind has been plagued by bloody wars (merciless for children/women with rapes and such), that people had less chance of staying alive in the past, then nowadays"?

(s)he said, well the watchtowers tells us so!

I said: do you really know what the Bible says"?

(s)he said "huh? gjdfgfldkjhdl? hgdh?

I said: first of all the bible says that all inhabited earth has to know the good news..... there are over 1 billion people that do not know JW's or the Bible?

(s)he said: "those people deserve to die for not believing the bible?"

I said: how so, when they are not capable of knowing the bible?

I said also: the bible says that before the great tribulation, babilon the great has to be destroyed by the goverments! I have not seen any hint that religions are dying by those ways??

(s)he had nothing else to say, except the flgndsfkdjhlnb,cdbndfkbnfd,bgfdnbkfdjbn.......

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Very good. All you need to do is ask a question that makes a Dub think. Logic evades them.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    s)he had nothing else to say, except the flgndsfkdjhlnb,cdbndfkbnfd,bgfdnbkfdjbn.......

A persuasive counter-argument, concisely and intelligently delivered.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    A persuasive counter-argument, concisely and intelligently delivered.

Not to mention clear and understandable! lol

Sometimes you can almost see the smoke coming out of their ears as the gears grind to a halt!

Poignant, Belief Challenging Question + JW = Emotional Outburst

One never knows, though. Sometimes those random thought provoking questions can be very difficult to ignore over time. Perhaps she'll think on it and come up with something better than, "a;ta wo;ihg woru aerot kfhia!"

Jean

• blondie
    blondie

DaCheech, when I was a JW and a fellow member got on that theme, I would share this scripture; if she thinks this is the likely time, then it is not.

(Matthew 24:44) 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

or this one

(Luke 12:40) 40 YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming."

Blondie

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

thanks Blondie....

This relative talks big, but cannot create a personal thought. they just parrot the Watchtower

• blondie
    blondie

Then use these scriptures......if they are trying to predict when the end is coming, they are going beyond the Bible, and at least on paper the WTS says that is wrong.......It always worked for me and I grew up in the pre-1975 era.

Blondie

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

You are right Blon

this is a masked datesetting scheme by the WT.

"we don't dateset", when they are saying "we are soooooo close"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good reasoning DaCheech. Logic evades the indoctrinated mind, but those questions will continue to stew in his mind, and with the correct aligning of facts your in-law may be able to break free and think for himself.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

One thing that's coming is the end of their life, at which time they will know 'the big A didn't come'

Tell them that next time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit