Well, I didn't do it

by serendipity 12 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

After much trepidation I made a big decision. I'm not going to the DC this year. It's the first one I've ever missed (I think.) I feel kind of nervous and anxious because of the inevitable questions that will come up from my family if I talk to them in the next month or two, and the outcome if they realize how "spiritually weak" I am. I don't think they'll shun me. Frankly, they don't reach out to me much anyway, so if they keep their distance more because I'm 'weak' , I probably couldn't tell a difference. I guess the anxiety will subside as time passes and once I get past the confrontation and see what the consequences are.

I also felt a bit nervous about telling my daughter, but all she said was "you're bad." A few minutes later she arranged to go out with friends instead of going to the Sunday meeting. I'm such a bad example.

• jgnat
    jgnat

SOOOOOO, whatcha gonna do instead?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

My last convention they had a demo of a young couple who needed help in deciding where to go on a vacation. So they consulted the bound volumes. I couldn't take it. They were wanting us to completely scoop out the grey matter of our skulls and replace it with the bound volumes or in other words be completely mentally bound to the FDS.

Good for you and your decision.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

You should bring your bad example to the Dallas Sweatfest.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/113540/1.ashx

It's not as decadent as the Russians would have you believe. Oh, and good for you. Do something fun with your kid instead.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi JGNAT,

Well, I worked on Friday, today I relaxed, read and drank Asti Spumanti and will probably do more of the same tomorrow.

I'm kind of pathetic at celebrations and having fun, but I'm sure I'll learn in time.

• In Between
    In Between

Good for you!

I was kinda uneasy and nervous after missing my first one ... but by year two, everything was fine. Didn't even think about it!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Tween is right. It is some sweet to reach the point where you don't ever think of meetings or conventions.

A toast to that! <clinking Asti Spumante glasses>

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Oh can I tell you an Asti Spumante story?

Back before I was a JW I was in the Navy and stationed in Italy. A buddy and I went to a local "fair" while there and they had the game where you knock the milk bottles over and the prize was Asti Spumante. The thing is Italians don't play baseball much and thus don't throw much. We gathered a crowd around us as we pitched side by side and took that game over and over and collected many bottles of Spumante.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, good for you! It's this weekend in Ft. Worth for our area and I luxuriate in the thought that I'M NOT THERE!!! And tomorrow we're going to see the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie -- how wicked!

Sit back, take a deep breath and enjoy the freedom!

Nina

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Nina, did you get several sets of witnesses at your door handing out the invitation too?

Like I would travel all the way to Fort Worth for that if I wasn't a witness...snicker....Hello...its hot...its too far away....sheesh....makes me laugh, it does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit