Do you talk to yourself?

by rassillon 34 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

do you? ----Yes do you do it with an inner monolog? ---- Yes do you do it out loud? ---- When I am stressed or am drinking. and the biggie, do you answer yourself? ---- I will have to ask myself and get back with you. So sayeth rassillon

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm not at liberty to answer that question

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I talk to myself all the time, that's just how I work.

• magoo
    magoo

.....ah.....is thinking words,sentences,thoughts in the english language in your mind considered talking to yourself? if so, i constantly talk to myself !!

magoo

• poppers
    poppers
    .....ah.....is thinking words,sentences,thoughts in the english language in your mind considered talking to yourself? if so, i constantly talk to myself !

I would say that this is what nearly everyone does, in their native language of course. People don't realize just how many thoughts they have until they learn something like meditation, especially with the intent of stopping their "self talk".

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

do you? ----Yes do you do it out loud? ---- No and the biggie, do you answer yourself? ---- Yes. Usually I'll just say something to myself and then my other self will either respond, "Okay" or "You're an idiot." And then myself either gets offended or laughs (but not out loud). I also have really long conversations with people I know in my head, with me playing both parts. I also have an imaginary friend, but that's personal. She doesn't know about me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I do talk to myself sometimes, but I don't answer myself. That would make me crazy.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Crazy liar.

One of us, one of us, one of us....

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

All the time!!! Sometimes in Franglais/Frenglish. And everyone at my office does. We once had this girl though that thought everything was about her and whenever she would hear someone talking to themselves she would say "What?" It got annoying. But, I love thinking out loud. Vocalizing helps cement thoughts.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

My dad has full-on conversations with himself, and he doesn't even care if someone else is in the room. So yeah, that passed on to me. Sometimes I'll be thinking about something I'm going to say in the future and I'll end up vocalizing it with someone else around...that's plenty embarrassing....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit