It's when you don't expect to be SHUNNED...

by Ms. Whip 21 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Ms Whip,

I'm surprised that JWs are shunning you if you're not df'd or da'd. Were you ever baptized?

• parakeet
    parakeet

***She made an uncomfortable strangled gurgly back-of-the-throat noise. Her knuckles turned white as she squeezed her basket handle and made a mad dash away.***
    And the worst part will be later on when she tells her friends and family how she stood strong against the evil apostate--how wonderful and faithful she will feel! That's the sickest part of shunning--not just that they strangle whatever loving instincts they may have, but that they actually brag about it later.
    I've never been DAed or DFed but have seen my share of shunning. Some hardcore dubs just get too much of a "spiritual" lift out of it to resist, even when it isn't necessary. It's a better high for them than crack cocaine.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Hi Ms Whip,

I'm surprised that JWs are shunning you if you're not df'd or da'd. Were you ever baptized?

I'm a lifer ms. dipity. baptised before i was 10.

And the worst part will be later on when she tells her friends and family how she stood strong against the evil apostate--how wonderful and faithful she will feel! That's the sickest part of shunning--not just that they strangle whatever loving instincts they may have, but that they actually brag about it later.

yeah, that makes me nauseous. that sister will tell another sister or a few others, they then will make up a story about the situation to make it sound juicier (ie i was wearing thigh high boots & a mini skirt with my boobs hanging out or i was handing out apostate literature at the pic-n-sav) then i'll have to hear it back from my relatives...what did i do to sister so-n-so to make her so upset? i should be more low-key about my apostate self. ugh!

• Nellie
    Nellie

Isn't it just wonderful how they can choose to "mark" someone and "shun" them - all in the name of LOVE!

• parakeet
    parakeet

***what did i do to sister so-n-so to make her so upset?***
    You exercised your right as a human being to make your own decisions about your own life. That's all it takes to shake up a dub.
    ***i should be more low-key about my apostate self.***
    If you do that, you're still allowing them control your life. What happened to you was upsetting, but don't let them grind you down with their hate. Be proud. The decisions you make for yourself take real courage, a fact dubs are unable to comprehend.

• Balsam
    Balsam

When I was disf'ed it hit home really quick because all your ex-friends begin to look at you like you've developed a second head. They look terrified and run the other way if they see you. Nothing loving in all that. Why did we ever imagine that these people ever loved us.

I've often said if I returned to the JW (trust me I wouldn't) and was reinstated I'd never give those people who acted like that the time of day. Creeps!!!!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    What happened to you was upsetting, but don't let them grind you down with their hate. Be proud. The decisions you make for yourself take real courage, a fact dubs are unable to comprehend.

thank you. you're such a sweet little bird.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Yeah, and it never ends. I've been out for over six years now and still get "the look," As a matter of fact, last weekend I was riding my bike when I noticed someone in a mini-van was following me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see it was this old, pioneer woman from the local Jdub hall. Someone I've known for years, someone who's house and yard I took care of for years (cue the sad music please).

Anyway, I hear this "excuse me...excuse me.." I just keep riding, knowing that she must not recognize my fat ass. Finally she pulls ahead of me and literally cuts me off, sticks her head out the window and starts again "excuse me but do you know where beach number....AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!". The look on her face when she finally recognized me...lol...priceless.

It is funny how ones feelings change over the years. First it's hurt, then anger, then sadness. After a while you just feel sorry for them. Now, I just laugh at the funny faces they make.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They are almost unbelievably cruel, to shun you when you haven't even officially left them, and they have no basis, even in their rules, to do so. I really feel for you Ms Whip, especially as it was someone who you have been so close to in the past. They are such unloving people.

• Grace
    Grace

I was thinking about this earlier today...any one of us who saw the light and left simply changed the game. Things were fine when we played by their rules; however, when we changed the game, they pout like little kids in the sandbox.

This is not the love of God nor is it the love of Christ that is in them. It is hatred, fueled by cult-control robotic tactics. I truly feel sorry for those that shun me. To go an entire life without the forgiving, accepting love that Christ taught is worse than life in prison.

So, don't feel sorry for yourself. Feel sorry for them. I do!

Grace to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit