Kidney stones hurt !

by In Between 18 Replies latest jw friends

• In Between
    In Between

Spent all day Friday in the emergency room. Feels like I've been stabbed in my back, right side, with a sword. :(

Wouldn't wish this on anybody. Thank god for pain killers ;)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Oh dear god!!!

Yes, I've been there.

Some ten years ago I was at a cleaning job and the pain... oh the mfing pain was worse then the pain of childbirth. I had to drive myself to the hospital.

Yuck, ouch and dude .....

BSoM

• blondie
    blondie

I feel your pain, In Between..........worst pain ever and I have lived a life of pain....thank goodness for vicodin.

Blondie

• greendawn
    greendawn

Did the stones drop, did you get some therapy to solve the problem? I knew someone who had them and as I can recall he got rid of them by drinking plenty of water. Another one got rid of it with the shock wave treatment, no major surgery.

• In Between
    In Between

Greendawn ... they sent me home with pain killers and instructions to drink tons of water. They thought the stone would pass on it's own ... I hope by the end of the weekend. It's kind of hard to work with this pain in your side ;)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I know how you feel.........http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/101167/1.ashx

I thought I was going to die, its like one minute you are fine next minute you are screaming for someone to kill you. I remember after the medication kicked the Doctor kind of laughed at me, I may have said a few choice words to explain my pain.

Good Luck and happy pissing!

Brooke

• greendawn
    greendawn

In Between I suppose they are trying to get rid of them the more natural way so that they won't have to go to the shock wave therapy which shutters the stones and they then pass out with the urine.

Fortunately the days when major surgery was needed are gone.

• In Between
    In Between

LOL ... Thanks Brooke ... need all the help I can get! :)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Dude, just had a friend go through this and his hard shelled wife admitted that she thinks it was worse than her bearing of children.

Sorry for your pain. Don't skimp on the drugs. Real men take their pain killers with beer remember.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Hell yes they do!!!!
    17 years ago for me. I am a male. For me the pain was as if somebody had grabbed one testical and was mashing it in a vice while twisting it around at the same time. It was the worse pain I'd ever felt up to that time (As a child I'd endured a surgical procedure without any anasthesia or local pain killer and the kidney stone easily topped that one!). I remember I was working on a broken window when the pain hit and the broken glass looked sooo conforting, just one stroke of the glass and noooo pain. I knew it was time for the hospital when that thought hit me!
    Because I had no insurance, they sent me home with a strainer and enough Demerol to tranq a horse. They told me that if the stone didn't pass before the Demerol ran out to come back. It passed just as I was down to one pill! Oh the joy!!!!
    I hope you do alright.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit