What's proper...

by serendipity 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I don't expect acknowledgement except if I reply with another question - then the least someone can do is answer, it's plain bad manners and defeats the whole idea of a DISCUSSION forum if they don't interact.

It would be nice on other occasions if a poster could just post a general 'thankyou' for comments though.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am a person that is in and out of the house all day so it is not uncommon for me to start a topic , and then have to leave . When I return I try to respond to the topic matter I started . I always respond back to a personal pm .

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

the problem i have with the ettiquite on jwd is that when you ask a question or questions, and the person answers, but they don't answer the questions. instead they answer with threats and hyperbole. if you don't have an answer to my questions that is fine, but don't show your ignorance by threatening me as an answer to a legitimate question. that really is too much like the organization's way of dealing with things. there seems to be two classes of people here; those who are held to proper ettiquite and those to whom ettiquite means nothing and wouldn't know proper if it bit their ass.

i never expect answers and i seldom get them.

j2s

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I don't expect a reply. I just appreciate it when someones replies to a topic I started. Their input is important. I can't always reply to everyone who replies to my posts.

Just my 2 cents, IronClaw

• Robdar
    Robdar

I try to respond to all posts that are made on the threads that I start. This is a discussion board afterall. I also reply to pm's when they are sent to me. I do not expect a reply when I post to somebody else's thread but do appreciate it when it happens. IMO, it's just plain rude not to acknowledge the person who sent you a pm with at least a quick thank you pm in return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit