Would YOU kill someone if you felt they really deserved to die?

by gaiagirl 53 Replies latest jw friends

• happy1975
    happy1975

I never thought I could until I had a baby. If someone hurt her, I'm fairly sure that I could kill them.

-Happy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Justice,

No right and wrong? ......Oh, California...that explains it. But would you feel the same way if a bad guy was raping your wife in front of you?

I would probably kill the bastard but, wouldn't say that they deserved it, and that i was metering out divine justice or some such thing, it would just be pure anger mixed with the insanity to seek revenge, nothing to do with divine justice. I don't think this thing we call justice is tangable, it is just an illusion of the mind, a way we have at looking at the world that varies from persom to person and depends all apon one's point of veiw.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Justice,

I think that as we get older we come the the realization that, our view of the world and the way we feel about things is not really the way the world is. The way the world is has nothing to do with our POV(Point of View). Our POV colors everything so as not to be able to see what's really out there.

The need to kill some one to satisfy some ephemral sense of justice "out there" that needs to be satified is a big lie and not the truth.

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, Sammilee - you make a very good motive for the wife herself. I heard that jealous bi**ches in Aspen Colorado should not be give handgun instructions, either. The ghost of an ex-ski instructor told me that they only do about 30 days in jail when it all goes down.

After all, if old Ken was really that smart, why didn't he just run his company right?

It was OK until him and Skilling and a few others got all greedy...

• Gregor
    Gregor

"I don't believe in a moral justice, it is all cultural conditioning anyway, this moral justice thing, there is no right and wrong these are just arbitrary and imaginary illussions of the mind."

-Frankiespeakin, July, 2006

Your info says you are 91 years old. Could this be a typo? My guess is the numbers were transposed. The above words of deep intelectual insight sound like something said after a few beers and nice smoke with friends. Then you go home and find that someone has broken into your squat and strangled your puppy.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I don't think this thing we call justice is tangable, it is just an illusion of the mind, a way we have at looking at the world that varies from persom to person and depends all apon one's point of veiw.

Well you can believe what you want. But that does not mean that there is not right and wrong, and good and evil.

I take it you are the type that believes that a person should not be accountable for his actions, because maybe his Mom made him stand in the corner until he wet his pants when he was five?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    "I don't believe in a moral justice, it is all cultural conditioning anyway, this moral justice thing, there is no right and wrong these are just arbitrary and imaginary illussions of the mind."

Mayor of Paris 1940 ; as he posed with Hitler in front of the Eiffel Tower.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just,

Well you can believe what you want. But that does not mean that there is not right and wrong, and good and evil.

Good and bad don't really exist they are just illusions of the mind that vary with each individual. Just like the colors of the rainbow they don't exist, the mind makes them up. In my mind and your mind the color red may be totally different.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Good and bad don't really exist they are just illusions of the mind that vary with each individual.

That is the biggest load of horse crap I have heard in a long time. Southern California right?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Just like the colors of the rainbow they don't exist, the mind makes them up. In my mind and your mind the color red may be totally different.

If sunlight is real, colors are real. White light is the illusion. Bend the white light and you see the colors. As long as you are not color blind, the color red you see should be very similar to what I see. Here's you some more info:

http://eo.ucar.edu/rainbows/

Good and bad are an illusion? Have you been watching "Natural Born Killers"? The lead character and killer, Mickey Knox, would agree with you, I'm sure. You seem very young and innocent to me. I admire that. Let's talk again after you've lived a little longer.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit