Would YOU kill someone if you felt they really deserved to die?

by gaiagirl 53 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

If anyone had touched my boys growing up, I would have had no trouble doing great bodily harm.

When they were young, my husband had a business associate who went off his rocker. His wife called me one day and told us that he had left a message to her on their telephone containing the message he was going to come and shoot myself and my boys...(this is after we let him go as an employee) The police were called in and sure enough he had 6 fully loaded weapons, they arrested him and she bailed him out within hours.

The police came to us and we were told the following, get your boys out of town, which we promptly did, flying them to Chicago to stay with their grandparents until I could leave. I was also told to buy a shotgun and have it sawed off. I was also told to sleep with that shotgun and if this idiot made one step through the front door I was allowed to shoot (to kill). I was also told by the officer not to repeat this advice to anyone.

What I did do: Went and adopted the biggest dog I could find, bought a hickory baseball bat and studded it with screws. It was an awful time for us. The following week, I left for Chicago, and my husband was in charge of the dog. He brought him with him in his car one day. They were out on some open field and the dog spotted a squirrel. The dog took off with my husband still firmly attached to the leash. The dog literally dragged my husband for yards over the wet grass..he was sliding on his back hanging on for dear life. He eventually had to let go. The dog disappeared into the brush never to be found. Much like the man who threatened our family, he disappeared without a trace. No one has seen or heard from him since. It's kind of scary to think he is still out there some where.

r.

• delilah
    delilah

Restrangled, that's some scary story. Do you still have that baseball bat? I'd be keeping it handy, just in case.

Yes, I'd kill, if someone was hurting, or threatening the lives of my family. Especially my children. Nobody, hurts my kids.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I've noticed that a lot of the response here is either hot blood or cold blood. That is, in the heat of the moment in self defense or in carrying out cold justice. I think the cold justice seems to be the more difficult. I could do either, but the execution would have to have the element of righteous hate for what the person did, i.e., a child molester/murderer.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If I really felt they deserve to die then of course i would. I don't think I can ever feel that way though,, because I don't beliieve in any supreme law that would ever make me feel that way. I don't believe in a moral justice, it is all cultural conditioning anyway, this moral justice thing, there is no right and wrong these are just arbitrary and imaginary illussions of the mind.

• target
    target

yes, if it needed doing.

Target

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yes, me if I really deserved it.

• jstalin
    jstalin

I have no problem using self-defense to kill someone. Same goes with a situation where someone's else's life is in danger and killing the perpetrator would stop the crime.

I've also often thought about what I would do if a family member were murdered. I think I would wait a few years and then kill the person who killed a family member.

• JH
    JH

Nope, I would't kill.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I don't beliieve in any supreme law that would ever make me feel that way. I don't believe in a moral justice, it is all cultural conditioning anyway, this moral justice thing, there is no right and wrong these are just arbitrary and imaginary illussions of the mind.

No right and wrong? ......Oh, California...that explains it. But would you feel the same way if a bad guy was raping your wife in front of you?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Nope, I would't kill.

You would not kill, under ANY circumstances? NONE?

Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit