Breaking up with spouse, why?

by greendawn 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

cal and tet.....

(wink)

• superhooper
    superhooper

PERHAPS PEOPLE GIVE UP TO EASY. YOU ONLY FALL OUT OF LOVE WHEN ONE OF YOU STOPS TRYING. YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH THE SAME PERSON OVER AND OVER AGAIN IT JUST TAKES EFFORT. ONE IN THREE WILL DIVORCE. CHILDREN NEED BOTH PARENTS IF THEY ARE BOTH SOUND OF MIND. ITS EASY TO GET UP AND GO, MY DAD DID IT DONT MAKE A MISTAKE, YOUR KIDS COULD HURT BECAUSE OF IT, AND THEY ARE THE IMPORTANT ONES OUT OF US ALL. FAIR ENOUGH CHEATING AND BEATING ARE NO EXCUSES BUT OTHER THAN THAT ANYONE CAN AND SHOULD TRY. JW WOMEN ARE THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY I HAVE FOUND BUT ONLY IF THEY ARE PROPER ONES. NO DOUBLE LIVES. AND THEY WILL TRY HARDER.

AHHHH MY VIEWPOINT FLAWLESS OLD FASHIONED ENGLISHNESS, QUITE ESSENTIAL.

TIP TOP

SUPER HOOPER

• south african beef
    south african beef

I've only just read this thread so sorry FinallyFree for the delay but I have to agree whole heartedly with your comments. I was with my (now ex) wife for 19 years and I certainly would answer negatively to all of your questions.

At the time I was trying to be a good JW so I could add a few comments: she never supported me in field service, she never answered up at the meetings, she didn't care about our childrens spirituality, just the clothes they wore, she loved my pay cheque but would never contribute financially herself, she wouldn't allow me to open the house for field service or the group study - I could go on and on but i won't. She always considered herself a good JW too!

I am now remarried to a gorgeous lady who sometimes also posts on this site (alias Bubble). She is so wonderful - she makes me realise that life can be very good indeed, I just love being in her company and experiencing things with her - she makes me happy, she makes me laugh and she makes me feel good about myself. I now can see how my first marriage was a total sham and how mad I was not to end it earlier, but I was under extreme pressure from the Witto's to make it work.

• Hondo
    Hondo

I have never been a JW. My wife of 20 years was suckered in a few years ago and is now totally engrossed with this group. We divorced back in 2003. Our life as a married couple went from a good marriage to relationship of almost continuous argument. Prior to her involvement we celebrated holidays and participated in everything that she would eventually be told not to partake in. After her involvement, which she kept a secret from me until I found some of her Watchtower and Awake magazines, she would question why I was celebrating Christmas, birthdays, etc. Our marriage/relationship went from very good to virtually non-existance. It seemed she was always at a meeting weekday evenings, doing a study group or cleaning the KH on weekends. It got to the point where being husband and wife and making time to for ourselves was a rare occasion. The only reason we divorced was because she joined the WTBTS/JWs, nothing else. The thought of her leaving or toning down her participation to save our marriage never crossed her mind.

I miss her a lot and still feel very strongly towards her. I look back and think I made the right decision separating from her. Had we remained together it would have been hell for both of us. I do think of her often and wonder if she will ever change; As sad as it is to say, I think not. She was/is going to do what she was/has been dutifully told to do by the WTBTS come hell or high water. She, it seemed, would defend this group with her life if it came to that. I have two children that she tried to indoctrinate in her lieing and deceptive ways. Thank God it did not take.

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit