i think i found a bethel member online

by headmath 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• under_believer
    under_believer

He was DF'ed for apostacy. He wrote a letter of explanation to his friends here. He believes he is anointed.

Excerpt:

Regrettably, I have been disfellowshipped from the Organization on the grounds of apostasy, and it will soon be formally announced to the congregation that I am "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". I completely reject this false charge and I appealed the decision of the Body of Elders. Unfortunately, my appeal was to no avail and therefore I am left with no other option at this time but to wait for Jehovah to straighten this out in His own due time.

...and:

I know that you have noticed a change in me, from what I was, to what I became to you. Quite a few of you have expressed positive thoughts toward this change. I could only direct all praise to Jehovah. Last year our Father was gracious enough to give me an anointing, though I didn't deserve it all. It is an undeserved kindness on His part to allow me a small measure of His Holy spirit that was able to transform me and turn my life around. My brothers and sisters I can attest to the power and the reality of the Holy spirit.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I didn't see any way to contact him privately.
    This is his email [email protected] it's on his profile

Oh, yeah. I meant, um, other than the prominently-displayed email link on his profile, I didn't see any way to contact him. (Do I need bifocals?)

Thanks, Grammy!

Dave

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Shortly the entire system of false Christianity will come crashing down. Thank God that he has shown us the way to the wilderness - the place of protection under the wings of God and here we are fed the bread that came down out of Heaven.

Not yet given up the JW millenarianism. I wonder what he means by the second sentence?

• Grammy
    Grammy

Dave: Oh, yeah. I meant, um, other than the prominently-displayed email link on his profile, I didn't see any way to contact him. (Do I need bifocals?)

Thanks, Grammy!

Grammy: oops, sorry about that Dave my bifocals are smudged...

• Forscher
    Forscher
    I honestly wept over a recent Watchtower study article that presented a new teaching that the Cities of Refuge in the Hebrew Scriptures represent the organization and not Jesus' life-saving sacrifice. When they reject or downplay the basis for forgiveness by what basis can they be forgiven?

Not all that new. If folks will think back the WTBTS has been singing that song very subtlely for many years now at the assemblies, through some of the dramas, etc.. I don't feel like firing up the CD Rom to see if I can find concrete examples of that parallel, but I do remember making that connection a long time ago and wondering about it.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit