"If You Needed A Blood Transfusion Would You Take It?''

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Already have my HC-POA redrafted with people who will support that change in my medical care. Copies with doctor, clinic, my proxy representatives, and hospital. Make sure the hospital/clinic are up to date by calling and asking what they have on file for you before an emergency.

Find out too what your clinic/hospital supports as to treatment in that area. Such as storing your own blood ahead of time, family and friends being able to donate for you, etc.

When you see your doctor, make sure your file is properly notated too.

I have found that saying I would when I had not previously opened up a lively conversation with nurses and doctors so if you have any printed information bring it with you..........witnessing in reverse.

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock

Nope. Not unless it's my own.

Warlock

• Earnest
    Earnest

What Warlock said.

• blondie
    blondie

So are you checking into hemoglobin-based products? What if you were in an accident and lost a great deal of your blood? What does your hospital/doctor/clinic say about pre-storing your own blood for an operation?

Do you have a healthcare proxy on file designating someone to act for you if you were unconscious?

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes, I'd take one if Ineeded it to save my life. I no longer obey man - made rules enforced by a bs religious cult.

Glad you feel better Min..

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

YES

YES

YES

YES

• stillajwexelder
  • HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Yeah. My last two surgeries I said to give me as much blood as needed if I was going to bite the dust. The hubster still won't take blood though. In my mind...if it had come right down to the wire...I would have let my kids have a transfusion if their life was on the line. Fortunately, we never had to face that situation. I really feel like I would have murdered my own kids for the sake of the Watchtower if I didn't let them have blood and they were "bleeding out".

• Scully
    Scully

They asked you that for the "bend over and cough" exam?

• stillajwexelder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit