Speech on Jehovah's Witnesses for College

by jayhawk1 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

There are some good points many places but this website is dedicated to the blood issue.

www.ajwrb.org

Blondie

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks, I added the site to my favorites folder and I will be reading what it has over the weekend. I have about 2 weeks to get this speech together. I want it to be one of the best I've ever given.

I gave a speech similar to this one in high school only at the time I was defending Jehovah's Witnesses. The speech was about 10 minutes long followed by the hell of 40 minutes of questions I couldn't answer. Funny how the society's literature can't defend their own beliefs, yet they want people to defend them anyway. This speech should go much better, becauseI think I am better educated today.

When I think back on that speech at least I was able to put down 1 hour of field service for the week. I should have counted it as 20, one hour to each student.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I can't seem to find the whole artice on "Youths who put God first" in the May22, 1994 Awake. It is the one about the kids who died as a result of not accepting a blood transfusion. I could really use the text in my speech.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

i think that a speech about how they control their sheep would be interesting. Catch phrases, doctrines, circular reasonings. If the focus is on the 'thought control' aspect of it or even controlling religions in general, you might give them a real defense when they come upon that kind of thing, other than simply a morbid curiosity about the org. which might lead them into it. let them know how folks are manipulated, typical cult methods etc. good luck! shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit