My mother

by MsMcDucket 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

She's still in a coma. She's in cardiology ICU. The hospitalist was giving me and my family the run around, not there, not telling us much; so, I fired him. I called the doctor at the hospital where I worked and asked him if he'd look after my mother, and he said that he would. He came right up to the hospital that night. Looked at her chart, assessed her, and gave us the low down. Basically, they are going to have to run a lot of tests. He told me that he would get the CT scan done to see if she had any neck injury and if she didn't, he would take off the c-collar (neck brace). I was glad to hear that. The other doctor hadn't really done anything about getting the consults in. *&^#!

My mother is 76 years old. She's a pretty sturdy lady, and she is a stout Christian. I just don't want her suffering during this time. I know that she's satisfied with her course in life. She isn't a smoker or a drinker, but she did love to eat. She is a fluffy grandma! The kind the kids love to hug. She was able-bodied prior to this incident. You know that she had to be a tough woman to have 13 children. Our dad (her husband) died in his 40's. We're just going to take it day by day.

My mother always smiled! So, I know that she wouldn't want us to be in dispair; but you know how that goes. . .

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me or mentioned their kind thoughts in message! I'll be in and out, back and forth to the hospital. I guess it's good that I took a leave of absence from work!

• damselfly
    damselfly

((((MrsMcD)))

It's a good thing your mother has you looking out for her best interests. I am so sorry, please continue the updates.

Dams

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs mrs mcd. i hope she's comfortable as possible. hang in there.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I can only offer my best wishes and support. Good luck.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

((((hugs for you ))))) I went through this three years ago with my mom , take it a day at a time and don't give up ! My mom was in a coma and on a vent for over a month ....the doctors were telling us to prepare for the worst ....then the nuerologist came in and told us to be patient these things take time in older patients . He was right she slowly came around and with alot of pressure on Doctors to do rehabilitation she was released three months later ...walking with a cane , but still able to enjoy life .

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((MrsMcD)))

Keeping you and your mum in my thoughts and prayers.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Mrs McD...

Big hugs. I am so sorry to hear what is going on. Keeping you in my prayers.

BSoM

• Scully
    Scully
    She is a fluffy grandma!

Can I adopt her for my kids? They need a fluffy grandma!! The one they do have is JW and wants nothing to do with us. Not very fluffy at all.

Sending lots of love and fluffy hugs your way...

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hugs to you & your family, Ms McD. I hope the new doctor can help her quickly!

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

((((((MsMcD))))))

I'm sorry.

keep us updated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit