Local need-last night

by sspo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

you are right undercover,

Last night easily 40% of pubs. were not there.

For many years as an elder that was the dilemma of local needs, the ones that need it are never there.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    XJWMS: The worst one was the book study conductor found a old wt mag that said the elders were to respected and almost worshipped

That would be WT 9/1/97 (sorry I don't have the page as I only have it in French) Someone please paste because it's really revealing.

SCARY stuff man, and the first time I read it I couldn't believe it because it literally orders Dubz to worship other men. Even a newbie like me appreciated the restrictions God has placed on worshipping others.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Doesn't the bible say that there should be 'moderation in all things' ??

Doesn't this include 'religion'?

*wide grin*

Regards,

Jim TX

• xjwms
    xjwms

I think it is a wt mag

I always made fun of .........." The glorious ones"

Remember when elders got that title???????????????????????

• blondie
    blondie

The beating will continue until morale improves.

(2 Corinthians 10:12) 12 For we do not dare to class ourselves among some or compare ourselves with some who recommend themselves. Certainly they in measuring themselves by themselves and comparing themselves with themselves have no understanding.

(Galatians 6:3-4) 3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind. 4 But let each one prove what his own work is, and then he will have cause for exultation in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person.

If these men feel the need to compare, why not compare themselves with Christ and see how they measure up.

Blondie

(Why can't the local needs be a talk to commend the congregation...can't they find anything to commend?)

km 11/03 p. 1 Commendation Refreshes ***

"Haven’t I been a good girl today?" the little girl sobbed at bedtime. That question took her mother aback. Despite having noticed how hard her little girl was trying to behave that day, she had neglected to express even one word of appreciation. That little girl’s tears should serve as a reminder that all of us—young and old—need commendation. Do we refresh those around us by expressing appreciation for the good that they do?—Prov. 25:11.

Fellow Christians give us many good reasons to commend them. Elders, ministerial servants, and pioneers work hard to fulfill their responsibilities. (1 Tim. 4:10; 5:17) God-fearing parents do their utmost to raise their children in Jehovah’s ways. (Eph. 6:4) Christian youths put up a hard fight to resist "the spirit of the world." (1 Cor. 2:12; Eph. 2:1-3) Others faithfully serve Jehovah despite advancing age, health problems, or other trials. (2 Cor. 12:7) All such ones deserve commendation. Do we acknowledge their praiseworthy efforts?

Personal and Specific: We all truly appreciate hearing commendation from the platform. However, commendation is even more refreshing when it is directed to us personally. For example, in chapter 16 of his letter to the Romans, Paul made specific expressions of appreciation regarding Phoebe, Prisca and Aquila, Tryphaena and Tryphosa, and Persis, among others. (Rom. 16:1-4, 12) How refreshing his words must have been to those faithful ones! Such praise reassures our brothers and sisters that they are needed and serves to draw us closer together. Have you given specific personal commendation recently?—Eph. 4:29.

From the Heart: To be truly refreshing, commendation must be sincere. People can tell whether we are speaking from the heart or we are merely ‘flattering with the tongue.’ (Prov. 28:23) As we train ourselves to notice the good in others, our heart will be moved to commend. May we be generous in giving genuine commendation, knowing that "a word at its right time is O how good!"—Prov. 15:23.
  • Borgia
    Borgia

SSPO, you mean the ones who need it...The ones like me? I´m sure you were pulling our leg, no? Me, I have not seen a TMS or SM in years. Although I am very regular in my meeting attendance. I only go on sundays.:-). I consider the TMS and SM of nowadays the most annoying and boring meetings ever invented. Building engineering meetings were more interesting than these. I mean, if you want to get used to overcoming your fear of talking in public, go ahead, but all they serve is nuked pre-cooked and pre-sliced open your mouth and consume it babi pangang. Chewing is allowed but not mandatory. Bookstudy: What the bible really teach.....the title alone makes my blood run faster......Revelation with a climax...eh no, I had mine in the late 80 and early 90 and since all of it is being surpassed by reality......so, I skipped that one too because I like my evenings sound and interesting.

And by going on Sundays makes the misses very happy and I get the chance to implement some ideas the Borgia way. Makes life more fun. All in all, I really can say that by applying Hebr 10:25 in my life, I have benefitted greatly from it. Cheers Borgia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"Do what I say or my gawd will kill you!!!"

• VM44
    VM44

Fear of being influenced, controlled and persecuted by Satan has always been a tool used by the Watchtower.

That is why they also encourage belief in demons.

It is a propaganada tool they use with great skill and enthusiasm.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

*** w97 9/1 p. 16 Beware of False Teachers! ***

In what sense, though, do they "look down on lordship" and speak "abusively of glorious ones"? They do so in that they despise divinely constituted authority. Christian elders represent the glorious Jehovah God and his Son and, as a result, have certain glory conferred upon them.

*** w89 9/15 p. 22 par. 8 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***

Surely, we do not want to be like the "ungodly men" of Jude’s day who ‘disregarded lordship and spoke abusively of glorious ones,’ anointed Christian elders with God-given glory, or honor, conferred upon them.—Jude 3, 4, 8.

These scriptures speak of honor or God-given glory being given to the elders, but I couldn't find anything that said that the elders should be worshiped.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit