Local need-last night

by sspo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I just had a terrible local needs talk in my hall too--it's like they're on the full court press these days.

• Romano
    Romano

Of course they are-they are loosing 'members' and then encouraging them NOT to have children..They better hold on to what they got!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

YUCK!!! How could I ever have believed this junk!!!???

It was this guy I was dating (non-Jdub) at the end of last year that got me to really start thinking (I had begun dating a "worldly" guy in the first place because I was already starting to think twice about things). He was asking questions about my religion and as I was explaining them, several times he just busted out laughing. I was hurt at the time, but now everyday I see more and more how ridiculous it all sounds.

I See the Light Now Girl

• Romano
    Romano

I Know ..its so ridiculous when you stand back and look in ...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It was this guy I was dating (non-Jdub) at the end of last year that got me to really start thinking (I had begun dating a "worldly" guy in the first place because I was already starting to think twice about things). He was asking questions about my religion and as I was explaining them, several times he just busted out laughing. I was hurt at the time, but now everyday I see more and more how ridiculous it all sounds.

Hey, Girl -

That is exactly how it happened for me 30+ years ago - when you try to explain this stuff to someone on the outside, you realize how totally laughable it is...............

• Gopher
    Gopher
    If you are not spending 9.2 hrs in service,(Average in congr.) who is controlling your life? Jah spirit or Satan ( again guilt is the motivation for serving Jah)

Logically, if you are spending time in service, who is really controlling your life? The majority of JW's don't enjoy door-to-door service anyhow. They only do it because they're told they MUST. That command is control from Watchtower leadership, pure and simple. It furthers the Watchtower's interests.

Jesus said his load was light, not burdensome. His words were an invitation to be a follower, not to be controlled.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hey, Girl -

That is exactly how it happened for me 30+ years ago - when you try to explain this stuff to someone on the outside, you realize how totally laughable it is...............

BizzyBee, that's what pisses me off so much about the people still in - how can they not see? How could I not see? It has to be brainwashing. It has to be. And the reverse psychology of it all: my whole life they told me it's the "worldly" people who are brainwashed. OH YUCK. I hope my little baby niece and nephew get the hell out of this - I'm AFRAID for them. I'm afraid for them with regards to the Pedophile Protection Program the WTS sponsors too, but that's hijacking the thread, I think... Just Sick to My Stomach Girl

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"I personally have learned of one teen who has told others he would like to blow up the Kingdom Hall of his parents.
    Since viewing his website I think he is serious and capable of it.
    He claims he is calming down now and not a serious threat anymore."
    --anewme
    Thank God he didn't do it. That would've been a PR wet dream..."SEE! SATAN IS PERSECUTING US! PREACH HARDER, SHEEP!!"
    I forget what our local needs was about. Wasn't paying attention.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's the typical mind tricks and usual psychological pressure they put on their members to go out and sell their books and magazines. The fear of a vengeful God is central in the whole issue. It's vicious manipulation from above.

• undercover
    undercover

Don't you just love local needs parts about meeting attendance when one of the least attended meetings is the meeting that has the local needs part?

The people that part is aimed at aren't there...

but the plot is a little more sinister. The ones that are there and don't miss a lot of meetings get a feeling of superiority over the backsliders but to keep that feeling they have to make sure they don't start missing meetings so they take the message to heart and vow to not miss meetings. And the WTS knows that's how it works so that's why they keep harping on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit