Local need-last night

by sspo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

The PO got up there for the local need,

Zecharia says that Jehovah is going to destroy all the nations of the earth,( scripture was talking about Jerusalem) ARE YOU going to be one of those destroyed?

If you are missing meetings, you are not being influenced by God's spirit, there is another spirit that is influincing you, that of SATAN

(Heb. 10 talks about not forsaking the gathering of yourselves together, no place does it say You have to be at 5 meetings)

(so if you have to feed your family and sometimes have to miss a meeting, SATAN has control over you) this point made me sick,i almost approached him after the meeting and confronted him with that statement.

If you are not spending 9.2 hrs in service,(Average in congr.) who is controlling your life? Jah spirit or Satan ( again guilt is the motivation for serving Jah)

A lot more crap of do more or you will be destroyed by Jah- work- work- work- and nothing about faith and gift of salvation

A bet most of the freinds went home not very encouraged

• xjwms
    xjwms

A better bet is

that a lot of folks went home JUDGE-ING those who miss mettings.

and if you are one who misses meetings ... be glad you missed that one.

If I would have heard that......I would have asked the PO to see his time card to see if he and family puts in that kind of hours.

AND THATS HOW I ALWAYS GOT INTO A CONTEST WITH THE ELDERS. PROVE TO ME THAT YOU DO WHAT YOU PREACH.

• juni
    juni
    If I would have heard that......I would have asked the PO to see his time card to see if he and family puts in that kind of hours.

AND THATS HOW I ALWAYS GOT INTO A CONTEST WITH THE ELDERS. PROVE TO ME THAT YOU DO WHAT YOU PREACH.

XJWMS -

You sound like my husband - also an exJWMS. He got his butt in the grinder so many times for questioning their stupidity w/these talks and their hypocrisy.

The worst part was that some of those elders indirectly took it out on our family w/our kids.

Jehovah be the Judge of all of them.

Juni

• xjwms
    xjwms

juni

Thats why they told me I was not welcome at the hall any-more. And rather me go to a different hall.

The worst one was the book study conductor found a old wt mag that said the elders were to respected and almost worshipped

like Moses. Again When I questioned this..... I was told to be CAREFUL.

OH really.!!!.........what does that mean ??? .... I'd push and push harder....... finally just gave up. Burned out.

• anewme
    anewme

That is definitely taking scriptures out of context and using them to control the behavior of others unscripturally.

That is exactly what Jesus condemned the pharisees for. Using Gods word unlawfully to further burden the people.

I dont know how those poor people can stand any more of it.

The witness teens must be going out of their minds with hatred and resentment.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    If you are not spending 9.2 hrs in service

see a few years ago it would have been 10..so i guess on that reckoning no-one is getting the 'right' spirit

• Romano
    Romano

That is so funny...I was just thinking "isnt the national average 10hrs"

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is happening more and more. Keep working, stay busy, don't let anything distract you from your knowledge of 'truth'.

DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT ______ , LET ME WORRY ABOUT ______

• lilybird
    lilybird

No where in the bible did Jesus or his disciples say there were "X" amount of hours to be spent preaching about God. It is just another bogus mindcontrol tactic of the society to keep the masses in fear and make sure they are only spending time with other Dubs. It would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic that the JW followers actually believe and follow all this nonsense.. But then I did for many years until I got tired of the endless meaningless drudgery of it all.

• anewme
    anewme

I personally have learned of one teen who has told others he would like to blow up the Kingdom Hall of his parents.
    Since viewing his website I think he is serious and capable of it.
    He claims he is calming down now and not a serious threat anymore.

But it has made me more aware than ever of the very serious damage the Watchtower Cult has had on so many young people who are enormously resentful of being forced to listen to this abusive coersion from childhood and who were denied normal socialization into society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit