Hello I'm back...

by mrsjones5 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Did ya miss me? Anyone? anyone?

Oh I could write a book on my adventures in Cali and I will write a topic detailing all that happened but here's a teaser to wet your appetite (sp?) - my parents called the cops on me (yes girl me I swear I didn't do anything other than raise my voice - Yeah I can get pretty loud) and threw me and my family our of their house no lie, scouts honor (though I never got to be a freakin scout!)

So as it stands now I haven't spoken to my parents since, close to a month now - a very peaceful month.

I missed you all and have been recovering from the trip. I do plan to visit Cali again, I just will never stay or sleep under my parents' roof again.

Josie

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hey MrsJ! *waves*

Good times all round eh?

Welcome back!!

Dams

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

That's wild, mrs jones, what a visit from hell! Could you tell us what all the raised voices was about? Do you think you'll ever talk to them again, and how's your family taking it?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The raised voices was about a missing iPod. My sister had just flew out that day and told me before she left that she lost her iPod, mostlikely on the plane when she flew out to Cali. She had done it twice before (she flys alot because of her job) and had gotten it back but didn't think she would this time, oh well ha ha it's a good excuse to buy another one. We left it at that, hugged and kissed and said goodbye. A few hours later my father has the gall to ask me if I had seen my sister's iPod and if maybe my kids took it. Little did my father know I have a Nano and my husband has a full sized Pod which we brought on the trip to listen to on the plane. Oh and before my father opened his mouth I happened to over hear my mother telling my kids that if they ever came back to visit California they couldn't stay in their house. My kids were on their best behaviors and did nothing wrong. Mother crossed the line.

Josie

• blondie
    blondie

So they had no proof......just judged your characters as thieves......sounds like that type of opinion hadn't formed overnight.......just come to the surface.

Well, now you know where you really stand with them. I suppose your sister's I-pod will show up and there will be no call of apology from them.

I was accused once of taking money out of a sister's purse....the fact that I had not been near her purse did not stop her from making the accusation...then her sister spoke up next to me in the car, "Sissy, I took the money out of your purse." Silence..........then everyone started talking about the "weather."

Blondie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

mrsjones that was worse than mean of them to do that. I wonder whether your children will ever want to see them again too after all this.

In a way, it's **good** that your whole family has experienced the bad side of your parents because hopefully, you're united in your reaction and feelings toward them and like blondie said, you know where you stand.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Hi there Josie

"The raised voices was about a missing iPod. ; My sister had just flew out that day and told me before she left that she lost her iPod, mostlikely on the plane when she flew out to Cali"

smellsgood: That sucks that your parents got bent out of shape about this, I mean, clearly if your sister has lost these things before, she knows whats up. I'm not familiar with your story but maybe your parents are just using opportunities to give you trouble? Kind of sounds like they are trying to put into question your character/honesty over this,,,not to mention getting on your kids. Wow, that would truly arouse indignation on my part...
    Its funny because I went through some family trouble recently too.
    Never cussed around my extended family before but I told my Aunt to STFU, and F-OFF several times last time I saw her.
    Eh, she started it.
    Almond chicken

smellsgood

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    mrsjones that was worse than mean of them to do that. I wonder whether your children will ever want to see them again too after all this.

My boys were highly upset - Jr (age 12) was crying and asking me why does this always happen with my parents, Shane (age 5) was very upset and seeing the cops at the door only made it worst "I've never seen a cop up close before" he said, and Joshua (the 2 year old) was upset because everyone else was. The only one of my kids to keep thier cool was my daughter Jocelyn (age 8), no tears no nothing, kinda walked around with an "oh well" attitude. After the big blow up my husband and I tried to make it clear to the kids that none of the mess what their fault and that we would have a good time in Cali during the rest of our stay.

I'ves spoken to the kids about their grandparents and they've told me that they don't want to see them right now, I think the right now means they might be open to it on the future IF things change.

I'm not holding my breath.

Josie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I'm not holding my breath.

We can but keep praying for those who seem intent on screwing their own and others' lives up.

(((hugs))) to you, hubby and kids.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Welcome back sista! So you was in cali huh? You should check out the crush thread...very funny.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit