I am so ashamed...

by zeroday 26 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

It's been my exsperience that people in the military are so consumed with what they are doing that they really don't tolerate dissent in regards to the sacrifice they make should they die in battle . I like to make it clear that not one of them is doing me any favors . One thing I've accepted is the fact that I will die in this world regardless of their efforts at some point .By conventional warfare I mean the act of war militarily not the spiritual war , people also die in the spiritual war as well . To oppose tyranny peacefully is an extraordinary achievment in my book . To seek vengeance is merely self serving .

• carla
    carla

The allied forces in WW2 were seeking vengeance? I think those freed from the concentration camps would have a different opinion. As would some of the female children in the middle east who are now able to go to school openly.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    To oppose tyranny peacefully is an extraordinary achievment in my book .

From the book "The Destruction of the European Jews" by Raul Hilberg. Volume 3 pages 975-6:

"When the Auschwitz victims filed into the gas chamber, they discovered that the imitation showers did not work. Outside, a central switch was pulled to turn off the lights, and a Red Cross car drove up with the Zyklon. An SS man, wearing a gas mask fitted with a special filter, lifted the glass shutter over the lattice and emptied one can after another into the gas chamber. Although the lethal dose was one miligram per kilogram of body weight and the effect was supposed to be rapid, dampness could retard the speed with which the gas was spreading. Untersturmfuhrer Grabner, political officer of the camp, stood ready with stop watch in hand. As the first pellets sublimated on the floor of the chamber, the victims began to scream. To escape from the rising gas, the stronger knocked down the weaker, stepping on prostrate victims in order to prolong their own lives by reaching gas-free layers of air. The agony lasted for about two minutes, and as the shrieking subsided, the dying people slumped over. Within fifteen minutes (sometimes five), everyone in the gas chamber was dead."

"The gas was now allowed to escape and after about half an hour, the door was opened. The bodies were found in tower-like heaps, some in sitting or half-sitting positions, children and older people at the bottom. Where the gas had been introduced, there was an empty area from which the victims had backed away, and pressed against the door were the bodies of men who in terror had tried to break out. The corpses were pink in color, with green spots. Some had foam on the lips, others bled through the nose. Excrement and urine covered some of the bodies, and in some pregnant women the birth process had started. The Jewish work parties (Sonderkommandos), wearing gas masks, dragged out the bodies near the door to clear a path and hosed down the dead, at the same timesoaking the pockets of poison gas remaining between the bodies. Then the Sonderkommandos had to pry the corpses apart."

• heathen
    heathen

Of course it was all about seeking vengeance on tryranny carla. If you chose to live a life of peace during war you will often times wind up in prison for not participating in the US or have your life destroyed in various ways by yet another tyranny .

What's your point zeroday ? People die at the hands of tyranny ,nothing new about that . Look what the US did to japan by dropping the bomb . I think that was just as cruel if not more so than the gas chamber since dying from radiation sickness is probly the worst death anybody could face .

• zeroday
    zeroday
    I think that was just as cruel if not more so than the gas chamber since dying from radiation sickness is probly the worst death anybody could face .

If the bomb had not been dropped the war would have not ended. It was estimated an additional 1 million lives would have been lost to an invasion on Japan. No peaceful means would have stopped Nazi Germany. The only peaceful way to stop the killing of the Jews is when the last Jew was killed. That's my point.

• heathen
    heathen

From what I've heard lately is that the Japaneese were having coup de tate and trying to remove the emperor before any thing happened so history shows they were going to surrender and did not have the means to continue fighting . Besides that, it was against the geneeva convention to target civilian population during time of war . Again I have a hard time understanding why I should share your sentiment . Sure I don't support ethnic clensing but don't feel compelled to violence over it .

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Again I have a hard time understanding why I should share your sentiment

I'm not asking anyone to share my sentiment. This is something I had to say and if you agree or not that's fine. We have the freedom to believe what we want to, my point of this thread is many came before us and died that we may have this freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit