Fluff Topic for the evening: What would you have pursued if you could have?

by restrangled 35 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I had 3 loves, Art, dance and animals. How I wish I could have followed up on one of those 3. I have picked up gardening of exotic plants, ....doesn't pay anything but brings me joy.

What was the dream you gave up beacause of being a JW? Tell us if you have picked up that dream or found another!

r.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Theatre, dancing and singing. I've been in several plays now and am getting great written reviews. I was also a bit character in an indie short that was produced locally. I am also taking singing lessons. I really wanted to take ballet but I've taken ball room dancing classes instead.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

professional skateboarder /Pro BMX racer... I still ride both at the age of 33

Art was second nature to me... I am now an artist.. it was in my blood... Though it might help if I take some buisiness classes...

,Mike

• restrangled
    restrangled

Robdar,

What is your favorite dance? Ballroom is quite varied. Mine was Cha Cha.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

...Mind you; My parents hated my artistic abillities (glad I didn't end up a watchtower artist)...

• under_believer
    under_believer
    I've been in several plays now and am getting great written reviews.

Noooo!!!! Not Written Reviews! Sorry, flashback...

I would also have been in theater. I was involved with it in high school and did well. I also would have gone to college, who knows for what, but probably something computer related. Of course, I ended up in computers anyways, so maybe nothing would be that different.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Openfireglass, expand on your artwork! I am so interested. What medium do you use, what do you like to draw, paint, etc.? How about posting some examples.

r.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Restrangled, I liked swing (east coast) and foxtrot. Waltz is a given because of the ease. I would like to take the classes again since it's been close to 10 years now.

OFG, I do suggest business classes. I work with so many artists who do not have a clue. Others do. They are the ones making money.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Noooo!!!! Not Written Reviews! Sorry, flashback...

Scary, aren't they? It's a rush, man.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Underbeliever,

you need to tell us more about what you do with computers, infact everyone here, please expand on your talents! It gives everyone a better idea of who you are, and that is interesting to everyone.

Thanks for your replies and again, everyone tell more about your talents, and dreams.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit