J.R. Brown conversation and transcript

by AuldSoul 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

This will be like the UN, and 607. Some people are going to read about it, confirm it for themselves, and leave the org.

Others are going to see it, hear it, and it won't matter a whit.

For the slice of the org that wakes up over this, I offer an early thank you to LDH and company.

Dave

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    This will be like the UN, and 607

And the generation teaching.

You're right. Some will take notice and perhaps wake up and look around. But for most, it will be irrelevent. But then again, for most, the heavens could open up with a message that this is a cult and they would first look to the Society to tell them whether to believe God or not.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

This may become bigger than the UN issue. With the UN issue, the best proof we had of what actually happened was on the UN Web site. With this, there is AUDIO RECORDING of the conversation with the organization's chosen PR man!

It way well become bigger than the UN. The more pressure there is, the more of these type things we will have break through the weak spots. The more technology becomes widely available, the easier it will be to catch the breakthroughs.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This may become bigger than the UN issue

There's always a downside to advertising something ths subtle and complex as "big news." I'm content to have the weaknesses of this organization revealed little by little until there's nothing left. I don't expect a Big Bang. It was satisfying to listen to the transcript and hearing JR squirm -- and he did squirm although he covers it really well.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This is big news, big in the sense of where the organization is headed and what needs to be done. Your adverage witness would more than likely respond to those challenges the same way. The real big deal is that they BELIEVE something else! They can't figure it out that what they believe and teach is the exact opposite of what they tell others.
    I have finally noticed that the organization is changing. The days of 400+ page books and deep indoctrination are gone. Now it is organizational study masked as 'bible study', with a strong emphasis on morals and less on prophecy. The big change was the generation doctrine, it was the end of an area. Now they are just trying to adapt into a new age. Everytime they change they loose more, the battle gets harder. This is big news because what it reveals about their future, not in what exposes at the moment.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

100% agreement on that analysis, drew sagan. It also serves a better innoculation purpose for bible students than the UN issue did. Bible students often can't figure out what is so bad with being an Associate member of the UN Department of Public Information. They can easily find out from their study conductor whether Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true religion.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• undercover
    undercover

Aw, c'mon guys....dontcha know that really isn't J. R. Brown? He didn't get recorded at all. That's just some apostate plot to try to make God's people look bad. They got some guy who tried to sound like Bro. Brown to pretend to be taking questions from a reporter who was really an apostate asking trick questions. Just more lies spread by people who hate Jehovah and his spirit-directed organization.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    So neither the volunteer workers nor the leadership itself of the Jehovah's Witness church professes to be spirit-inspired or directed or what not?"

I think that phrase is most profound. This negates the baptism since it can't hold up under the initial terms of the contract - you know, you are baptised understanding and being told that you are in allegiance ith the spirit directed...but now, they have broken the contract by switching the terms - you are not in allegiance with the spirit directed. It also takes the argument that the Watchtower is the direct channel from God, God's mouthpiece..yadayadayada...and dissolves it. Bottom line is that by issuing that statement Brown has said that the governing body is nothing more than a group of men. Lying is lying..forget the notion of theocratic warfare..if Brown was doing the double speak on this - well, it just means he is a liar. If his lying is sanctioned by the GB and all Witnesses, then hey, birds of a feather..and that alone should make any Witness question their own ethics. If the Bible says 'thou shalt not lie' but the Watchtower tells you 'thou shalt like when we instruct you to'....who you gonna follow? swife.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I also think this is big news. But sadly, only for those who are willing to think for themselves and listen to what was said. My cousin and I both born and raised JW's, with parents in their 70's were quickly able to parrot "pat" responses to the interview with Brown that we have heard over and over again to diminish reality and justify beliefs. We both thought LDH did an outstanding job, I don't know many people who could of, off the cuff, kept that interview going 30 plus minutes. One very sharp girl!

My point being that unless someone is out there questioning, or hurting, they will not reach beyond the society's rules, they will not be on the internet, they will not believe somebody at Bethel gave the big "F.U" over the phone, hell, I can see my mother denying the Cano scandal.

She was forbidden to watch the Dateline episode about pedophiles, she never did watch it and chalked it up to apostates and lies. She also lived through her own daughter being black mailed and date raped, disfellowshiped for the same, having the case reversed, and by god, no questions asked. No loss of faith, The Organization has become GOD themselves in the eyes and ears of the devout.

I am so thrilled when things are exposed, but deep down I know many will not look or listen.

Thanks for everyone's hard work, it is much appreciated.

R.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I posted this on a different thread, but I think its worth putting here too.

to be absolutely correct, I would say no, we don't go out and say, "We're the only true religion." -JRBrown

http://www.watchtower.org/library/rq/article_13.htm

How Can You Find the True Religion?

Jesus started one true Christian religion. So today there must be just one body, or group, of true worshipers of Jehovah God. ( John 4:23, 24 ; Ephesians 4:4, 5 ) The Bible teaches that only a few people are on the narrow road to life.— Matthew 7:13, 14 .

steve

Also You can live forever on a Paradise Earth says:

ONE TRUE RELIGION

It is only logical that there would be one true religion. This is in harmony with the fact that the true God is a God, "not of disorder, but of peace." (1 Corinthians 14:33) The Bible says that actually there is only "one faith." (Ephesians 4:5) Who, then, are the ones who form the body of true worshipers today?

We do not hesitate to say that they are Jehovah’s Witnesses. For you to be convinced of this we invite you to become better acquainted with them. The best way to do this is to attend their meetings at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Since the Bible shows that practicing true religion brings great contentment now and opens the way to enjoy everlasting life in paradise on earth, it surely will be worth your while to make such an investigation. (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) You have our warm invitation to do so. Why not investigate now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit