J.R. Brown conversation and transcript

by AuldSoul 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Rev Malk has provided an area containing both. I didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle, it took me a few minutes to figure out where this was.

Thanks LDH, Rev Malk, Big Tex, and Leolaia for pulling this all together for us!

http://www.lambsroar.com/jrbrown/

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• stillajwexelder
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Back to the top!!!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I read through the transcript, and it's good stuff, of course. But what is the earth-shattering aspect of it?

The interviewer asked: "So neither the volunteer workers nor the leadership itself of the Jehovah's Witness church professes to be spirit-inspired or directed or what not?"

And he replied, "No, no, we don't have anybody that expects that."

Granted, he's just more or less said, "No, JW's are not spirit-directed", which stands in contrast to the phrase "Jehovah's spirit-directed organization" which comes up from time to time. But the overall context of his replies is the same back-and-forth, prophet-not-a-prophet, perfect-organization-of-imperfect-men stuff that the rank-and-file already buy.

Isn't it?

What are you all seeing that I'm not?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Dave: Jehovah's spirit-directed organization

"from time to time?" LOL!

The first question is:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

JWs are only required to answer in the affirmative EVERY TIME they want to get baptized. But he can lie about it to the press? How? What in the Bible allows deceit to the public about JW beliefs? Well, I say: Way to show the true colors of the organization, J.R. Brown!

1 Thessalonians 2:3-4For the exhortation we give does not arise from error or from uncleanness or with deceit, but, just as we have been proved by God as fit to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God, who makes proof of our hearts.
    Respectfully,
    AuldSoul
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, it is good stuff for picking to pieces and for us to see just how double tonged the org can be. But it is not going to change the mind of any self respecting dub ..

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

LOL! I thought it sounded vaguely familiar... :-)

I think it gets dicey, though, when the question is interspersed with other things that they really don't think are true. If the question was, "Is the Jehovah's Witnesses organization spirit-directed?" and he gave this "no, no" answer, then I'd be happier. As it stands, he was asked between 3 and 6 questions, depending on how he interpreted it, and he can claim (and any JW would claim) he was answering the one that "no,no" was the right answer for.

(Why, when you try to explain JW thinking, do you wind up with long-ass sentences that seem to wrap back in on themselves?!?!?)

Dave

• daystar
    daystar

AA

(Why, when you try to explain JW thinking, do you wind up with long-ass sentences that seem to wrap back in on themselves?!?!?)

I think it's because we were trained that way.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Actually, Dave, the way the question was phrased is GREAT for that very reason.

"professes to be spirit-inspired or directed or what not"

(1) spirit-inspired

or

(2) directed

or

(3) what not (which can only be read as "something along those lines")

He answered no, no to ALL of them, not to specific ones.

• daystar
    daystar

Such a sneaky-snake, that guy. If only I could broach this subject with certain of my family member, they may receive an awakening... then again, they could also cry "Liar!! Apostate!!!", which I think much more likely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit