Welcome SirNose586

by Cellist 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

Saw your post on another thread. Welcome to the board.

Cellist

• LDH
    LDH

Ditto....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow, you guys are on the ball! I like that. Very much.

I look forward to sharing experiences and concerns and meeting with y'all...

I'm just a kid who has finally had all those nagging thoughts and doubts about the JWs finally come to a head. As for the name, SirNose is from the Parliament song "Sir Nose d'Voidoffunk" and 586 comes from the REAL date of the destruction of Jerusalem (I tried SirNose587 but I goofed with my other email address and it wouldn't let me login), which just burst everything open like a floodgate.

I'm still in the tower and I'll get out when I have a base, but until then, I'm going to sit tight and just wear a mask.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good thinking SirNose,

Get that base happening first. Leaving is difficult and a good base of friends and finances is necessary to survive emotionally. There is no need to rush.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Fortunately, my dad's side of the family is of decent size, so I will be getting to know them better soon. Right now I can't because they only come together for birthdays and holidays so you know what that means...

Getting out of the house is priority number one, then a network of people, then I'll work from there. I just can't stay in an organization that has to lie about proven historical facts just to make its dating correct. Then I found out about the switch on 1914 (start of "last days" as opposed to end of the world), 1925 with Beth Sarim and Beth Shan (I can visit both, they are not that far from where I live), Mexico/Malawi, 1975 (which was huge for me, because in conversation it was dismissed as the disappointment of a few misguided witnesses), the 1980 Bethel purge, the real reason behind the generation "new light," et cetera.

The fact that the lies have piled up so high and the WTS isn't even remorseful for what it has done just really took the legs out from under the chair for me, so to speak. I used to delude myself, thinking, "Well, the people are really nice, we take care of people, and we do the preaching better than anyone else, so it has to be the Truth." Then I found out that you can find nice, brainwashed people in any number of cults. I found out that in terms of social welfare, we weren't top. And I also found that Mormons really are everywhere.

Another big thing was the conflict with loyalty. "Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down," said Jesus. We are repeatedly told "You are dedicated to Jehovah, not to an organization." Then in the next breath they will ask you, "Do you know that you're being baptized to Jehovah, and his spirit-directed organization?" Then the next day they tell you that no matter how much Bible reading you do, if you stray from that organization you'll be dead at Armaggeddon. One sister in the hall said in a comment--not paraphrasing here--that Jehovah is even going to kill witnesses on judgment day. My mouth nearly hung open in shock. And the conductor just nodded gravely. I bet she wasn't even reprimanded for that comment. The sister in question is a pioneer in a pioneer family of six with the father as elder, so her comments are taken as gospel.

I know that was a long rant but there's so much I want to make sure someone hears. I express myself in prayer about these things (quietly), but I have to let someone else know...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi SirNose, and welcome to the board.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

SirNose, welcome........you are indeed "well come" to JWD........this is an awesome forum with amazing intellectually stimulating and emotionally supportive topics.......all with the overwhelming experience of having been part of the JW cult............I've been here since '01 myself and have grown so much, along with the forum..........it's a great place............enjoy!

Terri

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome SirNose

I totally agree with you lists of things you found to be totally hypocritical with the WTBS.

Nothing wrong with venting...that's what this board is for....you will find like-minds here.

Venting is very important in your healing process......in the WTBS we are not allowed to vent at all (which also proves it is a cult from that standpoint alone)

Keep posting and reading.....

Codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome SirNose

I totally agree with your lists of things you found to be totally hypocritical with the WTBS.

Nothing wrong with venting...that's what this board is for....you will find like-minds here.

Venting is very important in your healing process......in the WTBS we are not allowed to vent at all (which also proves it is a cult from that standpoint alone)

Keep posting and reading.....

Codeblue

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, welcome SirNose. I am new here also. Very disheartening to find out about all the changes. I was a young person, just baptised in 1973. I do remembe the 1975 thing. Not just a few misguided people. When I was studying with the witnesses in 1971, I asked the sister conducting how much more time she thought we had since I had just found out we were so close to the end. About two more years, she told me. Wow, I thought. I'm glad my husband and I got in just in time!!!! I remember the saying. "Stay alive 'till 75!"

I also kept reading that the generation that saw 1914 and were at an age of understanding would still be here when the big A came. When they saw "new light" about the generation, I wanted to ask why the Awake magazine for so many years said it was building confidence in us that the ones here in 1914 would by no means pass off the earth till Armaggedon was here. Of course, I was afraid to ask a question like that. I knew immediately how it would be viewed. I was even afraid to discuss it very much with my husband, an elder by this time.

I also heard statements that not all J.W.s would live through Armaggedon. This sort of commenting always is disheartening. I always felt that I was never doing enough. My presentations were never good enough, my comments not good enough, etc. I began to get very anxious before an assembly or convention, knowing that most of the talks would be, "Can you do MORE?"

At any rate, sounds like many of us are feeling the same way here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit