Interesting thoughts on the situation.. READ

by Brutus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Brutus
    Brutus

Don't you understand that in WAR there are no innocent civilians!!
    They committed an Act of War against the United States and do you think for one second those evil terrorists thought at all about any of the innocent children and families they destroyed?

Fuck them, They will pay dearly for what they have done to innocent Americans. THERE SHOULD BE NO FUCKING EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR WHAT HAS BEEN DONE!!!

This is a tragedy and my heart goes out to all that have perished!!

• Winston
    Winston

fodeja,

Thank you for your helpful line of reason.

• Frank Hall
    Frank Hall

The only answer is the Kingdom.

Too bad that not Even Rush accepts that. He is as bad as you apostates.

Down with apostate terrorists.

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

fodeja,
    Would you care to articulate your idea of a just response by the U.S.?
    As has been pointed out, the arrest of terrorists seems not to have produced the desired result(the cessation of terrorist attacks) as of yet. The scenes of people dancing in the streets seems to indicate a support for terrorist activities. I personally have mixed feelings about what would be appropriate in this case, however I do feel that this is a challenge to democracy which cannot go unanswered. I am open to new ideas if you have anything to offer and I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on the matter.

• fodeja
    fodeja
    Don't you understand that in WAR there are no innocent civilians!! ... Fuck them, They will pay dearly for what they have done to innocent Americans. THERE SHOULD BE NO FUCKING EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR WHAT HAS BEEN DONE!!!

I was trying to find words to respond, but failed miserably.

I'm not easily scared, but you succeeded in doing just that. This is the most scaring outburst of pure hate that I have read in a long time from a person living in a democratic, free country.

Just two final questions.

Who is "they"?

And could I be one of them?
    f.

p.s.: I'm disgusted, and wondering about what seems like silent approval. Someone says "fuck" and people get upset in a second; someone screams like an ayatollah shouting out a fatwa, wishing death upon people and their families, and nothing happens.

• Winston
    Winston

My self I can only say that death to the terrorists that were responcible is a must.

Over and beyond that, I don't know.

Maybe the World body, the UN get together at once and decide.

I feel this is something for them to do right away before it is too late!

• J
    J

For more than 30 years, the world has been victimized by terrorist bullies. If you think this was not an act of war, think again. NATO and many countries are supporting the US offering both money and military resources, which is to say, they mean business. And unless we form a common bond with our fellow citizens, we are bound to begin sounding like Jane Fonda at the time of the Vietnam conflict.

I am sure military and terrorist installations can be targeted to put a stop to this. Countries supporting this behavior must be forced to deliver the guilty parties.

War is a horrid event in which many innocent ones die. Not one of us is safe anymore. But, it is about time we propose a new commandment:"Thou shalt not succumb to terrorism."

• Brutus
    Brutus

Fodeja,
    They is Bin laden and anyone connected to his terrorists attacks. Haven't you read, In Washington, State Department officials said they have intelligence information that connects the attacks on the twin towers in New York and on the Pentagon to fugitive Saudi millionaire Osama bin Laden.

Are you one of these people? If so I would love to torture you and kill with my bare hands. It just makes me sick!!!

Whether you like it or not buddy we are going to war in the middle east and many innocent lives will be taken whether you like it or not.

That is a fact of WAR!!!!

• fodeja
    fodeja
    Would you care to articulate your idea of a just response by the U.S.?
    As has been pointed out, the arrest of terrorists seems not to have produced the desired result(the cessation of terrorist attacks) as of yet. The scenes of people dancing in the streets seems to indicate a support for terrorist activities.

First of all, people should crack open a world map and understand where that "middle east" is. Then, look at the places *where* people *are* cheering on the streets. Then, think for a second about why people would cheer at the death of innocent persons. As a very long-term measure against terrorism, just try to find out why people develop such an unbelievable hate against a nation, and try to do something against it. That won't silence those calling for retaliation, and it may take a very long time, but is definitely necessary to come to peace some day.

I am open to new ideas if you have anything to offer and I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on the matter.

Where I live, in an insigificant European country, there is a fundamental law in place that basically says that you can only be punished for what you have done. You can't be punished for jumping with joy when your hated mother-in-law has been stabbed by her husband. You can't be punished because your neighbour is dealing drugs. You can't be punished because your father or sister or grandson happens to be a murderer. And so on.

I may be wrong, but I believe this concept is known in the United States, and - please correct me if necessary - it does not only apply to US citizens, but humans in general (the arrest of Russian programmer Sklyarov for something his employer did in Russia that is perfectly legal there seems to indicate otherwise...but I digress).
    Short-term: I don't know. Bombing Iraq for weeks and weeks didn't help much, except to drive the occupants out of Kuwait. It does not seem to be a very effective measure against "evil empires" and sometimes helps dictators stay in the saddle (consider Yugoslavia for another example).
    So, it may be old-fashioned, but how about, get the perpetrators and punish them? I personally wouldn't even mind them being killed in a little fireworks spectacle, as long as it stays on reasonable scale - apparently it seems to be no problem to reconcile this with US laws. But don't kill people because "they" are "on the other side".

Don't kill the daughter because her father's neighbour is cheering at his mother-in-law's death. Punish the murderer instead.

Just an idea, I know it sounds a little far-fetched.

f.

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

At the risk of getting embroiled in what is turning into an exercise in semantics, I must make one more post and then retire from the stage.

I am not an apostate. I am an individual who is a former JW who has decided to go another way. This is my right as an individual and as a human being. The trite answer:

The only answer is the Kingdom.

No one would like to see peace and security more than I would. However, when we are attacked by a criminal, we call a policeman. I, for one, would not be satisfied if that policeman said to me, "The only answer is the Kingdom."

The people responsible for the WTC demolition are cold-blooded, evil criminals with absolutely no regard for human life. That is a given. One thing for sure, however, these people cannot operate without an extensive and elaborate support network. Such a network requires some state support somewhere, somehow. Providing that support makes such a state criminal, too. When such support is identified, appropriate measures can be taken.

I suppose that the 'violence begets violence' argument could be applied in many cases. Had the Free World not responded to Hitler with violence, think about the type of world we would live in today. International terrorism is a cancer on the soul of humanity that must be eliminated, period.

Brutus is very angry. I am very angry. I'm frustrated that the authorities cannot reach out and grab the ones responsible and choke the life out of them. Having been in the military for a number of years as young man, I know exactly what is going through the mind of the American servicemen and women. It is cold, quiet rage. If innocent civilians are killed (collateral damage), that is a consequence of the actions taken on 9-11. The entire death toll of the terrorist attack is 'collateral damage.' There is a time to fight and a time to talk. The time to talk is now obviously over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit