Governing Body member Gerrit Lösch spoke at my District Convention

by under_believer 29 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I have been informed by a couple of people (one from this forum and one in person) that Gerrit Lösch really isn't a bad guy, though his axe to grind vis a vis football and his terrible speaking qualities can't be denied.
    One guy in my congregation reported that at a DC in Tacoma several years ago, he (the brother in my hall) was working as an attendant overseer. Lösch was a speaker at this DC, as well. Lösch doesn't have a terribly recognizable face, though, and most members of the R&F wouldn't recognize him. So Lösch was wandering around, talking to various brothers, pressing the flesh a bit, and he came upon this brother from my hall who needed help with seating people towards the beginning of the opening session. Lösch asked him if he needed any help, and when the brother said he didn't have anybody to cover such and such section, Lösch actually volunteered. Put himself under the direction of this brother and worked as an attendant for an hour or so.
    Dunno if it's a true story, but by most accounts he's really not a bad guy. Imagine Jaracz doing something like that.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Put himself under the direction of this brother and worked as an attendant for an hour or so.

yeah that was mighty white of him

i used to do it the best part of all day for 3 days of the convention inc mealtimes and before and after sessions....not saying that it wasnt a selfless act on mr loeshs part....but he would have stayed and left on his own terms and that is not quite the same thing

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Losch gave a talk at one of our DC's about five years ago & made some specific comments about the Superbowl, which as I recall didn't go over too well with some of the elders in my Hall...

DR

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

A couple of years ago at a DC I attended he basically said that the 'light gets brighter' interpretation of Prov. 4:11 was wrong. I was so shocked. I knew he was right but could not believe that he said it. If I still have the recording I will make it available.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    A couple of years ago at a DC I attended he basically said that the 'light gets brighter' interpretation of Prov. 4:11 ;was wrong. I was so shocked. I knew he was right but could not believe that he said it. If I still have the recording I will make it available.

Please do! Slim

• under_believer
    under_believer

Yes, I would love to hear that too.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    Members of the Governing Body
  • acquittal
    acquittal

I remember Gerrit Lösch as such a mature brother. He was the one who started slobbering whenever he saw a "pretty sister". Did he change this habit?

• acquittal
    acquittal

Oh, I have forgotten the most important thing. Please, never ask his wife, if she is happy with someone who has heavenly hope. Sister Lösch stays at earth, of course, after the big bang of Herman Monster (armageddon). I always was wondering, how she can cope with the permanent absence of her husband in their day for day life (as nearly every wife of an elder etc.) Any questions on the cruel life patterns of this weird marionettes? I feel very sorry for her. And for many others.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Governing Body member Gerrit Lösch spoke at my District Convention***
    That statement sounds odd; I wouldn't want to say it out loud in front of anybody. It's reminiscent of "Galactic Admiral James T. Kirk spoke at my Star Trek Convention."
    And if I had to choose, I'd pick the Trek convention. The people there are saner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit