Governing Body member Gerrit Lösch spoke at my District Convention

by under_believer 29 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Gerret Losch is always awkward like that. Dry as a bone, and painfully unfunny. The guy is about as interesting as a weathered post.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Kind of reminds me of a concert when the singer wants the audience to complete the words to a song, but no one expects it and they end up just getting dead silence.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Here is something to consider: I'll bet a day's pay that Gerrit Losch learned the contents of the Resolution no sooner than did any other brother delivering that part in any other city.

My point: the "Governing Body" get their spiritual food the same way the rest of us do: from the Writing Department and the Service Department.

~Q

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I forget which GB guy we got...but anyhow, what's next? Written loyalty oaths? They're already making us take oral ones right now. Remind me of which letter had the apostle Paul making a congregation swear to a loyalty oath...OH RIGHT--he didn't have to.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

here is a lil nugget about gerrit for you guys. his favorite hobby when he first got to bethel in the mid 90 ,after being named the newest and youngest GB in 40 yrs, was to sun tan on the roof of the 25 hts bldg. They even enclosed a space up there for him so no one can peek in.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    One was about sports, he was being all secretive and speaking in a confidential manner: "Jehovah's servants must be careful to avoid sports that exist to promote violence. I REPEAT! Jehovah's servants must be careful to avoid sports that exist to promote violence. Can you think of any sports in the US that exist to promote violence? I won't name any, I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions." Perhaps the fact that we were sitting in an arena that is primarily used for ice hockey had something to do with it.

Most likely, he had football in mind. (The American form, that is; not what the rest of the world calls football.) According to the Bethelites in the congregation I attended when I lived in NY, Losch was strongly opposed to American football, but he couldn't explicitly forbid it because the rest of the GB didn't agree with him.

• TMS
    TMS

I agree, Bro. Losch, Christians should avoid futbol (soccer). tms

• TMS
    TMS
  • Highlander
    Highlander

here is a lil nugget about gerrit for you guys. his favorite hobby when he first got to bethel in the mid 90 ,after being named the newest and youngest GB in 40 yrs, was to sun tan on the roof of the 25 hts bldg. They even enclosed a space up there for him so no one can peek in. Let's rent a helicopter and take pictures.

• blondie
    blondie

I take it this isn't Gerrit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit