How Many X-JWs Do You Know Who Don't Come on These Forums?

by Seeker4 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

we know many who don't post here, or read this forum either. They either don't have computers, aren't interested, or have just moved on.

I think you're right. There might be more who don't come here than do.

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

I have found that so many still have the fear of reading apostate stuff, including sites like this one even though they have been away for quite some time. My husband isnt interested in being a witness anymore and has been inactive for years but he is really afraid and hates it that I am on this and other sites. I also bought the book Crises of Consiance (sorry misspelled) and he had a fit over it the other day. I just laughed and told him that he just couldnt stand to know the real truth about the organization. I just go on my merry way and do what I want and hope someday he will get rid of his fears, you see his mom and brothers family along with my dad are active JW's and he's afraid of them finding out and being shund. Some day he will come around and will stop being scared.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Of the group I hung out w/ growing up over half are out. Of the half left, most of them are not what most JWs would consider strong because they have minds of their own and do their own thing.

For those who have officially left either by DF/DA or Fade, I am the only one that visits this place. When I asked a couple of them why they don't come out to play, they all say the same thing, they don't care enough to waste their time. To them it is a blip in their past. It is like a childhood, it happened but it is over so move on. For those still in, there was one that did visit this site, but they felt that it was too negative. They wanted a neutral spot and they did not feel that this forum was the place.

Honestly, there are times when I think the same thing and then I disappear for a while, but I like to come back because I think most people here have a great sense of humor (for those who show their funny bone). I think for those who wish to get into deep subjects, they can join a thread to do so, and for those of us who don't care about theology, we stay on the lighter stuff.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

At least 20. Some of them used to post on forums, though. Do they still count?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've left the old H2O site and this one for months or more at a time, but will still check in from time to time, and end up coming back. Maybe that's why I only averaged a half post a day in making it to the Jedi level!!

After well over 30 years, it's hard for me to see my JW life as a blip on my radar screen past. I also still have lots of family in as well. I think these are factors that both keep some of us here, and make some of us afraid to come here. I know that when I first started visiting H2O in the 90s, it was to seek verification that I wasn't insane or overproud to be having the doubts I was having. It verified for me that a whole lot of shit the JWs were teaching didn't make sense to a lot of other people, and they were not a bunch of bitter, lying malcontents, but were really a group of caring, intelligent people.

If more could see that, it might make a difference.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit