My journey to understanding...

by Sparkplug 16 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd have to teach myself how to freakin study

a lifetime of watchtower lessons screwed that up

read the question.. find the answer in the first or second sentence.. move on to next paragraph UNDERLINE BIG ENOUGH SO EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY OBEDIENT

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I don't lose my mind anymore now that I've found the joy and health benefits of hummers, er, humming.

Why sixy you devil!

Even republicans can't piss me off.

Now that will need to be tested. Any volunteers? For the pissing Six off...not the Humnming...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    UNDERLINE BIG ENOUGH SO EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY OBEDIENTOMG

that is so true. When DF'ed like for the 10.00th time, I made sure i used every colour in the rainbow to get back in...LMAO

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I love history. I'm a big believer in that old adage about understanding past mistakes so that they aren't repeated.

I don't have any books to recommend though. Most of my non-fiction U.S. history I picked up from encylopedias. I used to go to the library in school (didn't have anything to eat ) and I'd pick up one of the encylopedias and just start reading. I loved U.S. history. Just off the top of my head, if you want to get a feel for recent U.S. history read up on Watergate with "All the President's Men" and "The Final Days". Fascinating I think.

I'm blanking on authors and titles right now. Funny, I've read tons of books, but I've always been horrible at remembering who wrote them.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    read up on Watergate with "All the President's Men"

I am right in the midst of reading on this. The last class I had we touched on it, so this class I have looked up more of it.

Oh, all the stuff I missed. (Don't worry, I am terrible at authors and names...but once I get it down, well it is another story!)

• anewme
    anewme

Dear Sparkplug, this new journey of yours is so very interesting!
    Learning will open unexpected doors!

Best Wishes!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

:D

wow, you're action girl!! Only a couple of weeks ago you were talking about how worried you are about your lack of understanding on things like history, and here you are all enrolled and booked up! You be proud of yourself love!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit