I can't believe I did it again!

by damselfly 21 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<Dams you don't want booster cables you want a battery charger! Booster cables will only help you if you have another vehicle handy from which you can 'jump start' your own motor.>>

I do have another car! But it's not much good as I can't seem to get it's hood open? I know there's got to be a switch or handle or something but I can't find it. So apparently I'm safe for the time being.

Even though I didn't want to (high embarrassment factor) I phoned the boy at work but he was out.
    This is just one in a "long line of stupid car mistakes Dams has made"

Dams

• Scully
    Scully

Get a post-it note to put on the steering wheel that says "TURN THE LIGHTS OFF".

Or maybe just get into the habit of checking the lights before you turn off the car.

Or maybe train the boyfriend to turn off the lights when he exits the car. You don't use them except when it's dark, by the sounds of it, so he should be responsible for shutting off lights that he turns on.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Okay I'm cracking up now! Dams if you can't get the hood of a car open then perhaps God is telling you to stay the hell away!

Love ya!

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<Or maybe train the boyfriend to turn off the lights when he exits the car. You don't use them except when it's dark, by the sounds of it, so he should be responsible for shutting off lights that he turns on.>>

This is what I tried to tell him last time. I have never left the lights on when I have turned them on. I don't really want to blame him this is entirely my fault. I think I should just have a personal driver though. A hot personal driver.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

Oh Nic! I know!!

There was also the time I attempted to drive to a staff X.mas party but the car wouldn't start. Not to worry a friend drove us there so we wouldn't be late. Yay for friends ;-) We thought the battery was dead so he drove us back at the end of the party to do that. Turns out that no one had booster cables so we were going to have to call a towtruck. Expensive.
    My boyfriend says Lets try it on more time. I jump in and turn the key and the *#!$ thing starts right up!!.
    Did you know that if the gear isn't completely in "park" that it won't start? I do now. **BIG SIGH** I got teased for that for months! Months!!

Dams

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I'd probably just wonder what that sound was?

Me, too. I've left the lights on sooo many times. I'm a pro at using jumper cables for this very reason.

Fortunately, I now have a car with daytime running lights and only use the headlights at night.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

LOL....My first thought would be to run with something like these lines - you know...'but baby what do you expect? Just thinking about you got me so hot I started making plans to romance you tonight, got so caught up in it that I just forgot - it's your fault I'm in love with you so much..sigh....sorry baby...<insert nibbles..scratch chest>...what can I say...................swife...

• damselfly
    damselfly

Okay he's on his way to boost it for me.

I'm leaving out the "can't figure out how to pop the hood" part.
    And I'm making sandwiches! Can't get mad if there's sandwiches! LOL

Dams

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

The lights come on automatically on my current car.

They shut off automatically, too. About 3 minutes after I get out of the car.

I haven't turned on headlights in over a year.

If I ever drive someone else's car at night, I just KNOW I will leave the lights on.

-Aude (battery-killer)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Technically it's STILL his fault. I mean, didn't YOU have to drive HIM to work? It's always "his" fault, no matter what. Remember the golden rule. 1. We (women) are always right. 2. If wrong, refer to rule 1.

No wonder I'm divorced!!! LOL

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit