I can't believe I did it again!

by damselfly 21 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

For the second time in as many weeks I have left the lights on in the car and drained the battery. *smacks self in head*

The first time was technically my boyfriend's fault. He drove to work and I dropped him off and went home, didn't realize the lights were on and well, there you go. I didn't know.
    But today is all my fault and there no way I can blame him because as I dropped him off he yelled out "Don't forget the lights are on!" Well 5 minutes later in my driveway at home I DID forget!
    WTF?! When did I get the memory of a goldfish?!

Somebody quick figure out a way I can still blame him! lol ( am just j/k..kinda)

Dams

• kid-A
    kid-A

That sucks !!!

Fortunately my car sounds an alarm if I leave the lights on.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Mine doesn't do that. But would that even help me? I'd probably just wonder what that sound was?

Dams

• zeroday
    zeroday

I've got a 1993 BMW 525i and if I forget to turn off the lights it shuts them off when I turn off the key. Has saved my a** a couple of times.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Nutcase maybe try and drive sober more often

BM

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Somebody quick figure out a way I can still blame him!

If it was only a 5 minute drive how about something like; "You know, if you'd only put your ass in gear and walk to work you'd get a little exercise, save us on gas money and the battery wouldn't be drained! It's all your fault!"

Oh who am I kidding, you're a woman you know how to spin this - hell, you'll even get a bunch of flowers out of it.

Nic' - running for cover from all the apostababes!!

• daystar
    daystar

HA!! ... Wait... blame the boyfriend? It's no wonder I've still chosen to remain single the past two years!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I managed to get into the garage and found a set of booster cables. Now I just need to figure out how they work.

Dams

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Dams you don't want booster cables you want a battery charger! Booster cables will only help you if you have another vehicle handy from which you can 'jump start' your own motor.

Please don't touch anything you're unfamiliar with. What is it you've actually got? Cables or a charger? Is there anther car, perhaps a neighbors, you can boost from?

Give us more info.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I used to hang a keyring on my headlight switch. When I went to turn the lights on, my hand would brush the keyring, reminding me to grab it. I then hung it on the door lock. When I got out of the car, the keyring would catch my eye and remind me to turn off the lights.

My current alleged "car" doesn't have any place to hang the keyring, so instead I jam a ball-point pen in the door handle when I turn the lights on. (How I remember to do this, though I can't remember to turn off the lights, is beyond me) I hit the pen on the way out of the car and remember the lights.

You can get a buzzer for lights that attaches to your fusebox. The buzzer is only a few bucks, but finding someone that can figure out what to hook it to can be a trick. (It won't work on my car, but it worked on another one I owned).

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit