My thoughts today

by purplesofa 26 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Heck, I like working. I don't want to be a housewife because then the man most likely would think he could control me. All I want is a vacation. I haven't had one since the year 1999.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Purp I wasn't thinking of you. I have a friend who is ready to 'check out' of any parenting or life that involves effort.

K, thanks

But I honestly do understand how your friend can get that way. Sometimes its just tough.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I don't want to be a housewife because then the man most likely would think he could control me

You are probably right..........but I have seen some men that work and are controlled by their stay at home wives........!!!!!

purps

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL Purple, my ex husband who is also my current live in, has already tried the controling bit. I looked him right in the eye and said......"I have been on my own for over eight years (since I moved in this place) and have taken care of everything on my own. What makes you think I need you to run my life now? I can run my own life thank you very much." That was the end of that. LOL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    What makes you think I need you to run my life now? I can run my own life thank you very much." That was the end of that. LOL

Sometimes you just gotta tell them how it is...........

and this may crunch some toes..........but I have seen women do so much more remarkably well on their own and longer than most men.

purps

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

Being on my own for 12 years now as breadwinner, I too have proven to all those who viewed me as a disappointment that I can take care of myself and family.

I don't wanna be controlled or a stuffy wife at home syndrome with no life but how I think of it is to have a partener that will let me be myself with in his arms. Kinda like a circle of safety or protection as to the one not having to worry about everything by myself. But I am doing a pretty good job at it.

So many ladies have done the impossible in others eyes by doing what they can, when they can as best they can and still be successful.

another 2 cents

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    So many ladies have done the impossible in others eyes by doing what they can, when they can as best they can and still be successful

yeah......i agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit