My thoughts today

by purplesofa 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think it's about time women assumed their role as sole breadwinner as well as housewife. They can work all day, come home to cook and clean, and once these chores are finished they can enjoy the privilege of cuddling up to our warm, round beer guts.

W

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I am actually looking for a gal like this.. People say I should have been born in the 30's... I'm not saying I want a slave at home...I would help as well and wouldn't mind if she worked part-time to make a few extra bucks. But living in LA, finding a woman who knows how to do things around the house is like finding a unicorn. But like the previous post said, today's expensive cost of living doesn't really allow for that arrangement. Now you have both parents working and children being raised by babysitters and Day Care.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hey Purple how are ya? Fine here, was hoping we run into each other at Dawg's Wedding. It was beautiful and he looked so happy.

Anywho, about your thoughts for today. I love being home too, but I darn sure like getting out of the house. Me and Denny still live in the old house we had when you came to visit and we have talked of buying a new house. But this is home , and for right now , as old as it is , it is such a comfort to my neice especially.

She has good memories of her Mama here and every time she lived with me here , she was happy. I am so comfortable her myself , I am really afraid to move and have to start new memories ya know.

I think that there are alot of men out there, even the younger generation who want a woman who takes pride in her home, in taking care of things in that way. My nephew's g/f of 6 years walked out on him because she was just bored. She left their son, in the care of my nephew , not caring anymore. She never had supper waiting for him, nor did she greet him with a kiss or a hi after a long day at work.

My nephew just wanted her to be happy and content with their lives as they had been, but she wants to party. It's really sad.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I would never be bored, I could find endless things to do.

There certainly are endless things to do everyday. Just as you long to be home, I do as well. I can't imagine being able to be home! It's not prehistoric, it's more of a preference.

• daystar
    daystar

I think children are best served by having at least one parent at home. It doesn't matter in the least which.

Now, to all the people that say two incomes is a necessity, I call BS. If you really want one parent to stay home and are using this as an excuse, you're not trying hard enough or you don't really want it badly enough.

• LDH
    LDH
    ..........Mens incomes lowered so they could no longer support a family without the income of their wives. It took mothers out of the homes where they were very valueable to the family structure.

From the beginning of time, men have left their families at home to be hunters/fishers, and women have been gatherers working in the fields. This is where the old expression "It takes a village to raise a child." Usually the children would be left with a responsible adult (think village Aunty) so mom and dad could do their thing. No one ever thought "Oh those poor children" --it was merely a fact of life.

"Modernization" changed that--when men started believing that anything more strenuous than darning a sock would cause a woman to faint dead away. Thanks in no small part, I'm sure, to that sexist Pig Paul's writing where he calls women the 'weaker vessel.'

It is not realistic to believe that every family should have one parent at home full time, nor is it realistic to make a judgement call and say our society is going downhill because mom is not at home full time. Bull Shit.

If you want to stay home, and you can afford to, knock yourself out. But don't delude yourselves into thinking that makes you a better parent or spouse.

My family could more than get by on what my husband earns. However we enjoy the standard of life provided by two good incomes. This allows for more opportunities for the children as well.

Everyone's family moves to a different rhythm, whatever works for yours.

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH
    where are those men who would enjoy and look forward to coming home to a real home cooked meal, met with hugs and kisses, to have not a rushed evening but to relax in his castle he provides while his queen/princess takes care of him and the possessions.

Although I work full time and then some, I do serve home cooked meals. That's what a crock pot is for, or fresh fish which takes 15 minutes to bake.

When I was at home with the little guy after he was born (for almost a year), I cooked, cleaned, ironed, sorted, transported, organized, arranged etc. Now that I'm at work, I do all of this but differently. I take my husband's shirts to the cleaners. I have a housekeeper that comes in twice a month.

What I have found to be the case is most women who wish to be 'taken care of' really just don't want to engage in the business of life. They are content to have someone else make the important decisions. If that's what floats your boat I'm sure you will find a man, there's a lid for every pot. Just don't be surprised when a man who likes you under his thumb has some other control issues.

Lisa

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Hey Purple how are ya? Fine here, was hoping we run into each other at Dawg's Wedding. It was beautiful and he looked so happy.

only a few weeks ago, his name on msn was changed to

say a prayer dawgs getting married........

and i have not ever gotten to talk to him since

I feel so sad I missed his wedding.........I am so happy for him. He is such a good man........and talking about crushes......had one on him for ages and ages.

Keep in touch,

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey,

I appreciate everyone comments today.

I was not raised a JW nor when I was married was I a JW.

I would surely not be the doting wife at home... A person running a household is surely someone that makes things happen.

IWhat I have found to be the case is most women who wish to be 'taken care of' really just don't want to engage in the business of life. They are content to have someone else make the important decisions. ; If that's what floats your boat I'm sure you will find a man, there's a lid for every pot. ; Just don't be surprised when a man who likes you under his thumb has some other control issues.

I really wasnt implying I wanted to be taken care of .........or be controlled. Since I have had a very fulfilling career....some of my work displayed at international furniture market, commendation from the govener of Missouri, designers and store owners to observe my work and learn policy and procedures..........I certainly was heavy in taking care of the business of life........all the while raising 5 children as a single mother. A level of responsibilty I kept at a constant juggle.

I think I am at a place in my life where my womanhood would not be threatened, nor would I feel controlled if my husband needed me to "be under his thumb"

Staying home would surely be a luxury that alot of women.....and men would not desire in the least.

I guess I am getting old and ready to settle down, enjoy life at a slower pace.............

once a time when going to business meetings almost every night........would be nice to grow my own veggies and cook them myself.

Contribute to mankind and the planet at a totally different level.

Purps love, it sounds to me like you are a bit depressed today, and you feel deeply unappreciated for all that you are doing for others in your job even tho you get paid for it. Its a lot of work and at the end of the day, none of those people you worked so hard for even know who you are behind the scenes. It sounds too like you have a lot of love to give, so maybe you can change what you do to have both worlds? I dont think I could ever go back to working in an office again after working at home for the last 12 years. If you like to clean and help folks out, maybe you can start a home cleaning or "organizing" service and work whatever hours you want to? Many of the elderly love having company as well as having someone help them around the house. You would be less lonely, could help someone and get paid too.

Lovedubs,

What you say is spot on...........Early on when I was seeking work, I could not get hired as no one would take me seriously with 5 children.........saying I would never be at work. Now they would have a lawsuit against them. Twenty years ago they could get away with it. I did have a cleaning business .....it grew to the point I had to hire help. It is dang hard work.......Think how tired you are after a day of housework............I had 15 a week and one business!!! Came home and ironed till midnight after the kiddos went to bed.......keeping bills paid and food on the table.

Although, I am not interested in cleaning anymore.........I think I do need to do something that I feel appreciated..and I think working for myself would be the way to go.

Thank you for you nice comments............I felt lonely and tired leaving my home this morning.

purps

• LDH
    LDH
    I really wasnt implying I wanted to be taken care of .........or be controlled. Since I have had a very fulfilling career....some of my work displayed at international furniture market, commendation from the govener of Missouri, designers and store owners to observe my work and learn policy and procedures..........I certainly was heavy in taking care of the business of life........all the while raising 5 children as a single mother. A level of responsibilty I kept at a constant juggle.

Purp I wasn't thinking of you. I have a friend who is ready to 'check out' of any parenting or life that involves effort.

Gave up a $60K / yr job to be a grocery bagger. And she is a single mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit