Survival And Prepardness....

by Justice-One 28 Replies latest social physical

• Robdar
    Robdar

I should probably get a few cartons of cigarettes. People are willing to trade their food for cigs.

This thought has occurred to me also.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Has anybody read the Army's Survival Manual?

Yup. And here are just a few of the other books I own........

NATO Emergency War Surgery

The Encyclopedia Of Country Living ... A must have book

The Survivor (all four volumes)

Nuclear War Survival Skills ... Highly recommended

The Effects Of Nuclear Weapons

Medicine For The Outdoors

Where There Is No Doctor ... A+

Where There Is No Dentist ...A+

Ditch Medicine

The Complete Medicinal Herbal ...A+

Survival Guns (by Mel Tappan)

Back To Basics

The Merck Manual

Kill Or Get Killed

Understanding Firearm Balistics

and this is just a few

And the best survival manual I have ever read was a fictional work by the name of Patriots Surviving The Coming Colapse.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    24 half pints of 100 proof whiskey - in case I need to bribe someone.

Don't forget .22 Long Rifle ammo. This could make great trading wampum in the future. At last count, I had more than 20,000 rounds of it.

Bullets, the currency of the future.

And remember "buy guns before bye guns."

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Don't forget .22 Long Rifle ammo. This could make great trading wampum in the future. At last count, I had more than 20,000 rounds of it.

Bullets, the currency of the future. And remember "buy guns before bye guns."

Dude, judging by your paranoid, psychosis-laden posts, it appears likely your future will be spent in the state mental hospital. What a chilling thought that whack-jobs

like yourself are allowed to own lethal weapons. Alternatively, it all may be a facade. You may be under the impression that these transparent, "macho cowboy"

threads will somehow impress us with your "manliness"??? You can buy as much ammo and guns as you please, they wont compensate for insecurities

over diminuitive genitalia. LOL

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Dude, judging by your paranoid, psychosis-laden posts, it appears likely your future will be spent in the state mental hospital. What a chilling thought that whack-jobs

like yourself are allowed to own lethal weapons. Alternatively, it all may be a facade. You may be under the impression that these transparent, "macho cowboy"

threads will somehow impress us with your "manliness"??? You can buy as much ammo and guns as you please, they wont compensate for insecurities

over diminuitive genitalia. LOL

I could care less what you think of me. But I suppose people like yourself prefer warm and fuzzy threads. Maybe you should open one up on the advantages of not having a pair of nuts. And if anything, you are the one that possibly should check himself into a hospital. I hear living in a constant state of denial is grounds for committal.

BTW, how did you make it to "Emperor Class" when you are such a butthead?

And in case you don't know it already, your photo makes you look shall we say just a little "light footed." But who I'm I to judge....at least you have a handle that suits your personality, and mentality. Right Kid?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Hey Kid....you really might want to find another thread to hang out on. Seeing as how your from canada (Small C on purpose) this one might be to scarry for you. I mean I would hate to give you bad dreams or anything.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    I believe "nuts" like us are the only ones who would survive a true cataclysm (if anyone did) because we understand the concept of doing what has to be done to survive.

A lot of people, actually the majority of this country's and the world's population, live in urban areas where the means to store these survival foods and tools is simply not available. If I lived somewhere out in the country with a basement or whatever, sure i would probably take similar precautions - but I live in a freaking apartment. So please don't just mouth off about how you somehow appreciate preparedness better than everyone else merely because you have the means to do so. Most of us have little choice but to be largely unprepared. EDIT: of course, prepredness of mind is even more important. If that's what youre talking about, then I agree with you. I don't think being prepared and even maybe a little paranoid constitutes a "nutjob."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    If I lived somewhere out in the country with a basement or whatever, sure i would probably take similar precautions - but I live in a freaking apartment.

You can always do something. It does not need to take up a lot of room. A big start would just be stocking up on a little food, and buying a small water filter like the Kaytadyn Hiker, and maybe a few kerosene lanterns. Hey, you have to start somewhere.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Also....

Have some $ in an account at a national bank. People in Louisiana with accounts at local banks were unable to access their $ for a while.

Keep a list of all medications you need, dosages, etc.--in a waterproof bag. Use pharmacies that are national vs. local so you can access them if you need to evacuate.

Keep copies of your medical records in waterproof bags.

Lesson from NYC--keep comfortable shoes with you if you're in a highrise. Women who evacuated the twin towers said wearing dress shoes was a major impediment to evacuating down the stairs.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

And having some cash on hand and a full tank of gas is always a good idea. I hear those ATM machines don't work to good without power. And in a crunch they would run out of money very fast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit