i want cake

by candidlynuts 49 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Warm, crisp, apfelstrudl with warm cream poured over it at an outdoor beer garden in Munich in September. Every bite a revelation.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

parakeet you have a mean evil streak in ya dont you? LOL

that sounds YUMMY!

i want some NOW!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Yes, candidly, I have a mean streak, and it was yummy. It's been 25 years since I had that strudl but I can still taste it, it was that good.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

mmmmm......I'm hungry now.

okay I'm kind of a healthy junk food eater now.

I'm having veggie chips with hummus. LOVE IT! and now I'll just eat some dark chocolate and that kills the cravings for sweets for me.

• Purza
    Purza

Cake is my weakness. I just made a zucchini cake -- not bread, but actual cake. With a penuche (sp?) frosting. I melted butter with brown sugar and mixed in powdered sugar. It made a carmel type frosting that sticks to the cake and hardens a bit (like a maple donut). It is to die for! I am having my husband take it to work tomorrow so that I don't indulge too much.

Oh yeah, buttercream frosting is the best on those confetti cakes!

Purza

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i make frosting like that .. learned it from my mom

i used to get my hand smacked as a kid for breaking off the hardened brown sugar frosting and leaving the cake LOL

it was goooooood.. now i'm GROWN UP .. i can make my OWN cake and frosting and break off all i want to (although i still look over my shoulder to make sure moms not anywhere around)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Cake is so good! No, buttercream icing is better!

I'm so glad I'm not pms'ing right now or I'd be in the kitchen baking after reading this thread!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

im breaking down.............i have some swiss miss left over from winter............making a cup now!!!!!!!!!!!

i just had to get a chocolate fix!

wish i had some marshmellows.......

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

purps

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Here's a cake - someone got to it before I did...

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My favorite, red velvet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit