Another JW email circulating...

by Elsewhere 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I received this from someone who needs to be anonymous.... This one will turn your stomach. It's supposedly from a sister in the Brazil branch. Perhaps so, but the timeline of the story and age of the individual weren't clear to me as I read it. Anyway here is the latest email circulating among the faithful:

" From a sister in Bethel in Brazil. Hope you enjoy!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a true story:

Valdir was born in Portugal and when he was a child he came to Brazil with his family. When he was 12 his father died. A year later his mother married again. Valdir couldn't accept a substitute for his father and caused a conflict with his mother. After a very strong argument with his mother he decided to leave home and he went back to Portugal. Ever since he was 13,when he left home until 2006, he never was in contact with his family.

He had a desire to be a priest so he entered into the seminary and graduated in theology with high merits and virtues. He was sent to the Vatican to work and take additional courses together with the Roman curia. During these years he was sent to 80 countries and learned to speak 6 languages. He worked and had classes with popes Paul VI and John Paulo II and besides that having much contact with Pope Bento XVI.

He was considered a man of confidence of the Catholic Church and was sent to many countries to make research and solve problems of the church. He has composed much music. At least 2 of the songs have become famous internationally. Two Brazilian priest have recorded them and have sold more than 2 million CDs.

In the 90s he was appointed to Brazil and was to be appointed Bishop but at that time he became discontented with abuse and nepotism inside the church. So he refused to become a bishop. One year later he received another communication from the Vatican that he was assigned a Bishop and soon after, an archbishop and soon a cardinal. He refused again. So he was told that he couldn't remain in a big city and have such responsibilities because it was a bad reflection on the church and for him to choose a smaller city. He chose Tatui. His desire was to do social work together with the community. It happens to be territory of the East Cong. of Tatui.

In the 80s, Valdir was one year in the USA -- making a research for the Vatican to find out which religion was the most influential of the country. And it was that time he had his first information about Jehovah's Witnesses. He wasn't attracted to the truth. In his research he was convinced that it was the only religion that fulfilled the commandment of preaching the gospel.

One of our brothers found him in a rural part of the city and left two magazines with him and, after reading them, he used part of the information in the next Mass and quoted from where the material came from. This caused a calamitous reaction among some of he audience and the news got back to the head Church in São Paulo City. He was warned but it did not bother him. He continued receiving visits by our brothers and using the information at Mass. Then a regular pioneer from the Ministerial Training School took over the Bible Study with Valdir.

In spite of the physical, verbal, and physiological aggression he continued to progress. He asked to be untied from the church and began attending all meetings. His old friends became furious "friends" of him and they really tried to cause trouble for him in getting a job, inventing lies about him - about his life.

He became an unbaptized publisher doing 70 hours a month. Then in July, 2005 Valdir expressed his desire to be baptized and and the elders advised him to wait a little bit. In January, 2006 he was baptized at the assembly at the Assembly Hall here near Bethel of Brazil.

Before being baptized, he felt the need to make peace with his family, that he hadn't seen for 31 years. He felt that a true Christian had to speak the truth to his family.

Every year he went to the Portuguese consulate to renew his permanent residence -- in Brazil and he remembered that they had a telephone number of his family to contact in Portugal but Valdir never called.

He now made the call and said,"Mama," but could not speak, so cried. After a few minutes he called again and identified himself. His mother answered ---

Mama: How are you, my son?
    Valdir: Now I am fine, thanks to Jehovah.
    Mama: What? What name did you say? Did you say "Jehovah?"
    Valdir: Yes that's true. I am no longer a Catholic Priest. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I have a lot to talk about.
    Mama: My son, for that reason we have been wanting to get in contact with you. All of our family, your stepfather and I, your brothers and sisters - we are all Jehovah's Witnesses for many years.

They kept crying for a long time on the phone. Valdir found out that one of his brothers is an elder.

Going back to when he was baptized---- His mother, stepfather and one brother came to his baptism in January 2006.

Valdir is making fine progress and is firm in the truth. He hasn't decided yet, whether he will stay in Brazil or go back to Portugal. He is in Reitz congregation and Arlene told me he is very very sincere and that he is a permanent auxiliary pioneer. He does gardening work for a job. "

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Awwwwww! Isn't that lovely!?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hmm..................I catch a whiff of urban legend around this.

The real story was probably more along the lines of "I tried to give magazines to a priest today" and then it snowballed from there.

Dams (skeptical one)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Posted by elektricbill (BILL BENNETT) on July 4, 2006 at 2:08 a.m.

Jehovah Witness's in town these past days have been a living testamony of their faith and morals. I only wish I measured up to them at times. I am not of that particular faith, actually I have many issues with them. A friend and I were near quite a few at a dinner establisment and they're values shined without them saying a word. They were polite, all, even the children, the language clean, the dress was modest without drawing attention. Some of my Protestant folks could, without rejecting our faith, take a few lessons and observe their kind, friendly and gentle ways. They are even seen directing their own traffic at the end of their meeting, and it's been said they even clean the stadium to a degree before departing. I can see why Evansville Welcomes You. Bill

• serendipity
    serendipity
    In the 90s he was appointed to Brazil and was to be appointed Bishop but at that time he became discontented with abuse and nepotism inside the church.

If true, how long does he last as a JW?

• Confession
    Confession

Troubled guy finds purpose within Catholicism.

Lives his life zealous for Catholicism.

Discovers Catholicism isn't what he thought it was.

Finds purpose within the Watchtower religion.

Lives his life zealous for the Watchtower Society.

Now...if he is as honest-hearted as he was...he will again come to see that they are not what he thought they were.

Then again, maybe the cognitive dissonance will be too strong.

• Gregor
    Gregor

...having much contact with Pope Bento XVI.

Not to be confused with Pope Bento XV who started a successful chain of fast food kiosks serving a tasty bowl of rice and stir fry at a reasonable price. Various sauces (soy, etc) were available on the side at no charge.

• r51785
    r51785

I wonder if Vladir has a last name or did the dub who made up this urban legend forget to make up a last name for him.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I think I may have to vomit. GAG ME!!

• poppers
    poppers

If this were actually true you'd think the higher-ups would be sure to make known to everyone exactly who this was so that it could be verified.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit