Another JW email circulating...

by Elsewhere 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I sense that something is not quite right with this story. I'll need to verify its accuracy with the elders Thursday night at the meeting. Then, and only then will I accept it as truth.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Sounds like a JW version of the "Thorn Birds."

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I believe it ...When I was a JW ...I remember a a Minister of Baptised Church was camping next to our tent. ( 8 day assemblies) He gave his testimony about when he was the Preacher. The organist did not turn up for a few Sundays.( he did not have a phone)So off went the Preacher to see why? When he got there the organist said he was now studying the real truth with JWS ...So the Preacher thought he would sit in on the study to check them out!!!!!! & six months later he resigned from the Church to become a JW... I truly believe the guy was telling the truth.... Dont forget THE DEVIL TURNS HIMSELF INTO AN ANGEL OF LIGHT No one is immune....

• Highlander
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Highlander you puked on my computor

• z
    z

The story continue today Vladir is Jewish and he was circumcise last week I know I was there

• Highlander
    Highlander

Sorry Mouthy

I'll send over a new keyboard and monitor right away.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No dont bother I cleaned it off....

• fairchild
    fairchild
    he was sent to 80 countries and learned to speak 6 languages. He worked and had classes with popes Paul VI and John Paulo II and besides that having much contact with Pope Bento XVI.
    He became an unbaptized publisher doing 70 hours a month. Then in July, 2005 Valdir expressed his desire to be baptized

If they are going to make up a story then they should at least make the timeline more realistic.

If I remember well, pope Bento XVI (aka Benedict) became pope at the end of April 2005. If Valdir had "much contact" with him then we must conclude that he knew him for let's say a month. Now we're at the end of May 2005. So according to the timeline in the story, Valdir came in contact with the JWs, became an unbaptized publisher doing 70 hours a month and expressed his desire to be baptized in July 2005.. all in a time span of about 45 days?

hmmm...

• No Apologies
    No Apologies
    If I remember well, pope Bento XVI (aka Benedict) became pope at the end of April 2005. If Valdir had "much contact" with him then we must conclude that he knew him for let's say a month. Now we're at the end of May 2005. So according to the timeline in the story, Valdir came in contact with the JWs, became an unbaptized publisher doing 70 hours a month and expressed his desire to be baptized in July 2005.. all in a time span of about 45 days?

The only way this works is if he knew and worked with Benedict back before he became Pope. But they should have made that more clear.

And I agree with others, the whole thing smells slightly fishy, especially when he calls home and guess what, his familiy is all JW too!?!?!

No Apologies

No Apologies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit