So tired of grief

by Sirona 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hiya Everyone,

The thing is, I'm so tired of grieving. It seems like I've grieved for so long.

I'm doing OK generally, in fact, I have been happier recently than I have been in years.

Strangely, when you are somewhat happier, the grief creeps in, as though it knows that you're now ready to deal with it. For instance, last night I dreamt, very vividly, that I had another miscarriage (I've had two in real life). That is probably symbolic of my life right now in many ways, but because of that dream, today wasn't too great.

What is your advice on dealing with grief?

Sirona

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I don't deal with gried well so I don't have advice. It just plain hurts and doesn't stop until you shut down somehow. Sleep? Maybe that a gin and tonic is how I deal with grief.

I'm sorry you are feeling it. Hopefully happiness will run you down and take over.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

(((Sirona))) Must be something in the aether today...........I know exactly what you mean..........and it is a psychological fact that your subconscious does know when it can pop these little moments on you........I've had my own share of PTSD dreams and grieving dreams........I have a recurring one that I find myself back at a meeting or an assembly and I hate it and I hate that I don't just stand up and walk out the door. It's that powerlessness in the dream that really gets to me........knowing what I know in my waking moments, and yet, in my dreams I'm not taking a stand against what I know is dead wrong for me. As painful as it is, though, the best thing I've found is to just let that grief out. Be with it. Using alcohol to medicate pain, or trying to forget it is not going to make it go away.........maybe for the moment, but, it's still bubbling away under the surface..........I find writing helps (check out my fat bitch thread) to release the built up emotions. Tears are good, also. It has to be expressed.

Terri

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

(((((Sirona))))) I'm so sorry.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***The thing is, I'm so tired of grieving. It seems like I've grieved for so long.***
    That's a good sign. In my (thankfully) few times of grieving, I've found that when you're getting weary with grieving, it often means you're starting to recover from it.

• delilah
    delilah

I've found that when you're getting weary with grieving, it often means you're starting to recover from it.

Interesting thought.....I'm inclined to agree with you Parakeet. It makes sense.

((((((((((((((( Sirona ))))))))))))))))) Sorry you are grieving hon....maybe now you can fight back, and grieve no more.

• Robdar
    Robdar

The only advice I can give you about grieving is to grieve. There is no logic to emotions and they seem to run their course no matter how many pep talks we give ourselves.

The next time you meditate, tune into your body. Locate where you are storing the grief. Go into that spot and be one with it. Allow yourself to feel the grief, do not fight it. Grieve with it, cry with it, and stay with it until you feel the pain release. The release will come eventually. When your meditation is over, take a warm shower and then go have some chocolate.

Take care of yourself, sweet one.

Robyn

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sirona,

Maybe I missed something, but may I ask, what are you grieving?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No magic wand or easy answer, I am afraid Sirona. just to say that I am sorry that you are down. You give a lot to us and we care

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks everyone,

I'm grieving the loss of someone dear to me just recently. Plus the potential (and definate) loss of someone else. Then there are the older ones....my father, my sisters father (long story she is my half sister but he was like a dad to me too), my adopted father, my babies (girl and boy), my old love whose memory still can make me cry, my old love's mother, my cousins (who both died in accidents in their 20s).

I'm a stronger person now, and to be honest I am grateful. I know that sounds strange....but it makes sense to me.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit